Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Have we been on many cruises? Only about 46!😂 On 7 different cruise lines (mostly Princess). It’s an addiction.
Hope you enjoy your cruise with family - it’s a great holiday with something for everybody.
We’ve got a few cruises lined up but want to buy some future cruise deposits on board as we’re looking at a b2b trip in November 22 (14 day NYC to Fort Lauderdale and 10 day Caribbean) on Enchanted Princess. Time we had a long haul trip to look forward to.😉
Wow! so just a few cruises then! I am definitely very impressed! Looks like you’ve got some great cruises lined up!
I think it might just be my new obsession too! 1 down 2 to go... so far ! Was addicted to going to Florida but ...
So Princess are your favourite cruise line?
Do you have any information on kids entertainment around the ship? Was wondering if there was stuff going on around the ship as well as in the clubs themselves?
Would you happen to know if there are Halloween parties onboard? Can’t find any info.

Think we will be purchasing a few FCC deposits while onboard at the end of the month!
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Hi Echo,We can’t wait either😀
Really pleased to hear that! I was just a little apprehensive as Granddaughter is a little shy. If do you have any info you can share on the activities I’d appreciate it...
Rest of the family are binge watching You Tube and are getting excited already!

Have you been on many cruises?

Edited at 08:02 PM.
FloridaAnn & Co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Echo18 View Post
We're booked on this cruise too . Can't wait! My children really enjoyed the clubs on Princess cruises at that age.
We all can’t wait either !
Roll on next Summer 😎
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
Wow! so just a few cruises then! I am definitely very impressed! Looks like you’ve got some great cruises lined up!
I think it might just be my new obsession too! 1 down 2 to go... so far ! Was addicted to going to Florida but ...
So Princess are your favourite cruise line?
Do you have any information on kids entertainment around the ship? Was wondering if there was stuff going on around the ship as well as in the clubs themselves?
Would you happen to know if there are Halloween parties onboard? Can’t find any info.

Think we will be purchasing a few FCC deposits while onboard at the end of the month!
I’m sorry, but being of ‘mature years’ we don’t travel with children and tend to sail out of school holidays so there are very few children on board. We once did a cruise from Rio, round South America and up to San Francisco and there was one child on board. She was treated like royalty and lapped it up.😂😂
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Ok thanks😀 we tend to travel out of school holidays too as being of mature years also !
Old 17 Oct 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Thanks. Princess removed the three Italian ports (Livorno, Civitavecchia and Alghero) owing to Italian authorities ruling. Cartagena, Palma de Majorca and Ajaccio have been put in - pretty good going with only 8 days before sailing. There are some unhappy passengers who really wanted to visit places like Florence and Rome, but we’re ok with it.
We usually stay at the Premier Inn at Southampton Airport or Southampton North because they have on site parking, the city centre sites have nearby parking. They are both fine for an overnight stay (cheap and cheerful) and about a 20 min drive to the port. Which cruise are you on next year?
Can I just say we LOVED Cartegana when we did the DCL transatlantic. And as someone who lived in Majorca when I was younger these two ports are wonderful without excursions. You can just walk off the ships. Search the internet for Cartagena walking tours as we found a great one and we just wandered around. In Palma the cathedral is spectacular.
Have. Wonderful time, hope the weather is kinder to you than it was for us.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Can I just say we LOVED Cartegana when we did the DCL transatlantic. And as someone who lived in Majorca when I was younger these two ports are wonderful without excursions. You can just walk off the ships. Search the internet for Cartagena walking tours as we found a great one and we just wandered around. In Palma the cathedral is spectacular.
Thanks for that. We have been to Cartagena and Palma before and agree they are easy to wander around and full of interesting architecture and archeological sites. Ajaccio is a new port for us but it does look like the kind of place we can wander around.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Sadly we visit Palma on Sunday, and when I checked out the cathedral website it doesn't look as if we can visit.

Cartagena is Monday, and it's All Saints Day. There is a turist bus and boat, but again, according to the website, they don't run on Mondays! I found a little tourist train, but the most up to date info on the site is from 2018. I've pinged them an email. I'm wondering if Princess have booked it out, as there is an excursion for it. Costs $59.99, according to the train website it's 7 euro each!

Not sure if much will be open as it's a public holiday?
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Sadly we visit Palma on Sunday, and when I checked out the cathedral website it doesn't look as if we can visit.

Cartagena is Monday, and it's All Saints Day. There is a turist bus and boat, but again, according to the website, they don't run on Mondays! I found a little tourist train, but the most up to date info on the site is from 2018. I've pinged them an email. I'm wondering if Princess have booked it out, as there is an excursion for it. Costs $59.99, according to the train website it's 7 euro each!

Not sure if much will be open as it's a public holiday?

Hi how’s it all going? Excited much? 😀
Look forward to hearing all about it when you return...
Have a great time !
Old 21 Oct 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
Hi how’s it all going? Excited much? 😀
Look forward to hearing all about it when you return...
Have a great time !
Thanks so much 🙂

Well, we have far too much luggage (3 big cases for two of us, plus a carry on case with all my medical supplies, and I'm taking my wheelchair for port days as I have mobility issues)! And clearly the cat wants to come! 🤣

But other than that it's going fine. Excited to be getting on board for 2 weeks, will be so much more relaxing than the 3 nights we had last month!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List