Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Aug 21, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Well its been another 6 days and still no email to tell us our cabin number. I do get emails about every 2 days telling me about all the things we can do onboard, and also advertising other cruises they have.

We are now getting ever closer to our departure date of 11th, and really starting to get concerned now. We have never waited this long for cabins on any of the other cruise lines we have been with, even for guaranteed cabins.

I've had to book a power wheelchair from Mobity at sea for on the ship. They told me that they would call 3 weeks before the cruise to arrange times to meet them at the port, once we had all the details from P&O.

DW says she is not looking forward to this cruise now because the lack of information is stressing us out too much. I doubt very much if she will go with P&O again after this.

Sorry for the rant, just totally fed up now. We were looking forward to this cruise, but it has been spoilt by P&O for their lack of customer service.
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Cabins are currently being allocated about 2 weeks before departure.

I don’t think more can be said then has previously been said, these are not normal times, and these Seacations are not normal cruises. I have found them to be enjoyable as a break, I’m certainly looking forward to my next one in a fortnight.

P&O shoreside has recruited more staff but training takes time, rushing people through causes problems with lack of knowledge as a member on another thread has found out.

Take the time before your cruise to just relax, it’s possible to turn up at the port without a cabin number and things still go well, your name will be on the ships sailing roll so mobility at sea can deliver without a room number.

Boarding with a negative feeling won’t be the best start and likely to cloud the whole experience.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Cabins are currently being allocated about 2 weeks before departure.

I don’t think more can be said then has previously been said, these are not normal times, and these Seacations are not normal cruises. I have found them to be enjoyable as a break, I’m certainly looking forward to my next one in a fortnight.

P&O shoreside has recruited more staff but training takes time, rushing people through causes problems with lack of knowledge as a member on another thread has found out.

Take the time before your cruise to just relax, it’s possible to turn up at the port without a cabin number and things still go well, your name will be on the ships sailing roll so mobility at sea can deliver without a room number.

Boarding with a negative feeling won’t be the best start and likely to cloud the whole experience.
Thanks Pinkbelle. I know you are right and I should be relaxed about it, but Andrea is not dealing with the way everything has gone.

Is it just P&O that is having cabin problems, because our daughter has booked a Staycation cruise on the Sky Princess, and and they were allocated their cabin 2 days after they payed.

Andrea has been having difficulties since I told her we have to travel across London from St Pancras to Waterloo. Then with all the uncertainty about the cabin, she said she would be quite happy to cancel this cruise. I explained that if we did that we would lose all our money.

I'll try to get her back in the cruising mood.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Thanks Pinkbelle. I know you are right and I should be relaxed about it, but Andrea is not dealing with the way everything has gone.

Is it just P&O that is having cabin problems, because our daughter has booked a Staycation cruise on the Sky Princess, and and they were allocated their cabin 2 days after they payed.

Andrea has been having difficulties since I told her we have to travel across London from St Pancras to Waterloo. Then with all the uncertainty about the cabin, she said she would be quite happy to cancel this cruise. I explained that if we did that we would lose all our money.

Hope you are both back to looking forward to your cruise !

If you log on to your cruise planner I believe the cabin details can sometimes be found there. Go on you pay balance and then price breakdown. People on Facebook are saying they have found theirs there and haven’t received an email.
I believe though that some have also reported not knowing their cabin number until the day of the cruise.

P & O do seem particularly disorganized compared to other cruise lines !
Hope you get the info you need.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post

Your daughter was lucky, I waited 4 months for my stateroom allocation for Sky Princess.

I would share your wife’s anxiety thinking about travelling across London at the moment, but once I was doing it I would be fine. The same will be true for your cruise.
Just speak positively about it.

Smilesonfaces is correct, our allocation showed on the website when I clicked on Life on board, but many others found theirs by going for the fare breakdown.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have just read on a Facebook group that lots of people on the 11/9 cruise have received the cabin details today ! Hope you have yours soon !
I’ll be checking every day now too !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I have just read on a Facebook group that lots of people on the 11/9 cruise have received the cabin details today ! Hope you have yours soon !
I’ll be checking every day now too !
I’ll start checking for the 18th too
Old 20 Aug 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ll start checking for the 18th too
Me too !
Old 20 Aug 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. I've just checked on my account like Smilesonfaces suggested, and lo and behold our cabin number is there. Its cabin 5487. So Andrea is happier now. She wants to know when she can book to get her nails and hair done. (she recovered quickly)

What information should I be waiting for from P&O by email now?
Old 20 Aug 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Your daughter was lucky, I waited 4 months for my stateroom allocation for Sky Princess.

I would share your wife’s anxiety thinking about travelling across London at the moment, but once I was doing it I would be fine. The same will be true for your cruise.
Just speak positively about it.

Smilesonfaces is correct, our allocation showed on the website when I clicked on Life on board, but many others found theirs by going for the fare breakdown.
Thanks Pinkbelle. We were originally traveling by train from Nottingham and changing at Birmingham, which would have been ideal. However, due to rail-works on our return, we would have had to change to a coach for an hour and a half, so we decided to go to St Pancras. I will get a taxi from there to Waterloo and back for us. I think that is probably the easiest way to go.

Things are certainly looking better today, and that is thanks mainly to helpful dibbers like yourself and Smilesonfaces (And many others) who take the time to help.
Thanks
James