Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Aug 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

What an awful day

A little background , when we got together my husband and I had a cat apiece , mines a big powerful rather daft cat , his a tiny little girl , at 14 still gets mistaken for a kitten. My Kenzie is a friend of the world , she’s shy , wary of strangers but when she gets to know you loves you to bits and is a snuggle cat. She also has no meow , the most she can manage is a squeak. Obviously we love them both.
Kenzie (my cat)has been very unwell with hyperthyroidism and has lost lots of weight. I was so worried I took him to the vet yesterday and they kept him in . When my husband came home this morning from a night shift he said he couldn’t find Buttons (his cat) . We called her and called her , nothing.
Eventually he heard her …well yowling from behind the kitchen cabinets , clearly in trouble as she can’t meow.
I was working and he decided to rip out the kitchen cabinets, he found her pulled her out and shouted “she’s dead” . I rushed out and checked her , she wasn’t dead but had collapsed . I wrapped her in a towel and he drove at breakneck speed to the vets. She was quiet but responding to strokes from me as we drove. Vets took her straight in but ten minutes later came and told us she had died. We are both devastated .
We now have Kenzie home but he’s so weak I think we may lose him too. He looks so sad. He has finally walked over to me and is snuggled into my shoulder and is managing a week purr. We are devastated .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

So sorry to read this xxxx
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

So so sorry that must be heartbreaking. Sending you love and hugs.
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Oh how awful. So sorry. X
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Feel for you we lost a Frenchie last week she was only 5 just went down in a couple of hours after a family members death she was with them 24/7 all her life
Hope Kenzie picks up
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JillyEd
Excited about Disney

Oh Duchy, what a heartbreaking day for you. I am so sorry, such a sad post. The loss of a pet is just awful but to have to deal with all this in a day is horrible. I really hope that Kenzie recovers.
JillyEd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry Duchy, snuggle up to Kenzie tonight x
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Sorry to read this. I’m still getting over recently losing one of my dogs, they are such a huge part of the family, so I know just how you’re feeling, hugs to you and DH xx
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
So sorry for your loss x hope Kenzie is ok x cats really do make you fall in love with them don’t they x
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Hmm he appears to be nodding off in the litter box now
Put him on the sofa but he has leapt off ( with more energy than I’ve seen all day) back into the (clean) litter tray . Suppose a bit of defiance no matter how crazy is a good sign !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List