Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Aug 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
Which Norwegian ship are you looking at? We have done the jade twice, the star and the Epic. We were not so keen on the Epic, it felt too busy and the layout of the cabins and the ship were very odd. Our son was more than happy on these ships as he loved the teen programme and made loads of friends but we don’t find the service as good as Royal.
We're on the Escape x
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
We're on the Escape x
Sailed on the Escape in 2019, New York/Bermuda. Nice ship with plenty going on. The duelling pianos and the comedians were great. The entertainment all round was pretty good.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

I was looking at the Norwegian Escape
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

We have booked, we have gone with P&O Iona on a Fjords cruise.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been researching the past couple of days and am still at a lose as to which cruise line to choose for October half term.

If US trip is cancelled we’ll have the option of Anthem, Iona, Ventura or Regal Princess that fit the half term dates.

They all look great for different reasons.

Anthem looks to have the best family friendly facilities but is the shortest cruise and heading north around the British Isles so will likely be cold!

Regal is is heading south and a longer stay but we’re not familiar with the brand.

Iona is 7 days and heading over to Germany so weather will be colder.

Ventura is a 6 days and heading south to Spain so could have warmer weather but it’s an older ship possibly with less to offer kids.

Might just have to pull a name out of a hat!
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I’ve been researching the past couple of days and am still at a lose as to which cruise line to choose for October half term.

If US trip is cancelled we’ll have the option of Anthem, Iona, Ventura or Regal Princess that fit the half term dates.

Anthem looks to have the best family friendly facilities but is the shortest cruise and heading north around the British Isles so will likely be cold!

Regal is is heading south and a longer stay but we’re not familiar with the brand.

Ventura is a 6 days and heading south to Spain so could have warmer weather but it’s an older ship possibly with less to offer kids.

If it were me I would go Ventura. P&O do a great programme for kids of all ages and although they don't have the facilities of RCI, you'll have nicer weather and more chance of doing things ashore in the sunshine which is what a cruise is about.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
If it were me I would go Ventura. P&O do a great programme for kids of all ages and although they don't have the facilities of RCI, you'll have nicer weather and more chance of doing things ashore in the sunshine which is what a cruise is about.
Ventura is definitely a contender for the weather. We’ve sailed three times out of Southampton in October half term down to Spain and always had great weather.

But the bumper cars, flowrider, North Star and ifly are really selling Anthem to dd.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Ventura is definitely a contender for the weather. We’ve sailed three times out of Southampton in October half term down to Spain and always had great weather.

But the bumper cars, flowrider, North Star and ifly are really selling Anthem to dd.
Have you cruised before? If not, start low and build up to the all singing and all dancing ships.
Old 28 Aug 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We re looking at oct half term and I’ve been researching the past few days
Ventura’s itinerary isn’t appealing to me and I’m not sure weather will be ok end October for that route but we know we like p and o
Other option is Royal Caribbean med cruise on the smaller Jewel
Old 28 Aug 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
We re looking at oct half term and I’ve been researching the past few days
Ventura’s itinerary isn’t appealing to me and I’m not sure weather will be ok end October for that route but we know we like p and o
Other option is Royal Caribbean med cruise on the smaller Jewel
I didn’t see Jewel, where is she sailing from?