Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 31 Aug 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Floating Petri Dish

Interesting that when Covid started cruises were the pariah of the travel industry. Given the lack cases or reported cases it looks like the enchanced screening has been excellent for this sector.

We have observed many people previously scooting past the servers urging them to sanitise, I'm pretty sure this is s thing of tha past and now it's a case of wash your hands or leave and go hungry. Should make a massive difference with the norovsirus cases.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I know that someone on our cruise tested positive after disembarking. But I haven’t heard of it spreading to huge numbers. Although my sample size is just the Facebook group for the cruise.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We did a staycation cruise when they first started up in May, everything was pristine .
Just booked one around the canaries in November, I'm sure that will be fine too, cleaner than going to the supermarket, poor cruiselines get a bad name which they certainly don't deserve
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We've been on 3 cruises this summer, each with a different cruise line, and the COVID measures have been excellent.

Reduced capacity, spacing between tables, QR codes rather than menus, served buffets, pre-booking for shows, hand washing and sanitizing everywhere, enhanced cleaning, temperature checks, pre-cruise COVID testing etc. etc. I know all of these measures can't continue forever as cruise companies need to make a profit but I felt much safer on the ship than I did on dry land.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I think you are right that enhanced sanitation will help in reducing the number of norovirus cases as well as ‘cruise cough’, etc.
Interestingly, someone on an Eavesway coaches Cruiselink service to a Princess ship in Southampton tested positive at the terminal, everyone on the coach had to be tracked down and off loaded! We were considering Eavesway in October but are now driving and staying the night before in a Premier Inn.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I know that someone on our cruise tested positive after disembarking. But I haven’t heard of it spreading to huge numbers. Although my sample size is just the Facebook group for the cruise.
It was me! We’re thankfully all good now, and I’m so grateful for the kind comments that were made on the Facebook group. No-one else posted to say they had it and it was also a couple of days before people could come out of isolation with a double vaccine and negative PCR. We were trying our best to keep to the rules and I very much hope no one else became ill from us. We feel terrible for those it inconvenienced and hope it was just a short term period until they could get a test done.

When I virtually reported in to work on the Monday I found several colleagues were isolating, waiting on PCRs due to having been in the same meeting room as someone the week before (when we were on the cruise) who then tested positive (2m apart but being cautious). This is a workplace where you are still required to wear masks, stay 2m apart, extra cleaning and sanitising and so on. We then got an email confirming positive cases in my sons holiday club bubble.

Unfortunately it is so easy to catch nowadays; the Disney cruise felt like it was doing so much better than I see going about day to day.
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

On recent DCL cruise there was about 10% of the cruise group who were pinged by track and trace after the cruise and about half of these who are showing symptoms. Although I agree that these have been good for the industry I think that caution is still needed and worry some cruiselines are dropping the restrictions very quickly.