Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Sep 21, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Luggage with late boarding time

Does anyone know, please if luggage can be checked in early at Southampton? Our time isn’t until 3.30 and hotel check out is 11 am. I thought we could have a walk around the shopping centre but don’t fancy leaving bags in the car.

I wondered if we could check in the luggage and then have a wander somewhere ?
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Does anyone know, please if luggage can be checked in early at Southampton? Our time isn’t until 3.30 and hotel check out is 11 am. I thought we could have a walk around the shopping centre but don’t fancy leaving bags in the car.

I wondered if we could check in the luggage and then have a wander somewhere ?
Yes you can, I asked last week when we boarded Sky Princess, as we intend to do the same. I didn’t want to leave the luggage in the car when we went to lunch at West Quay.

However, we need Mrs Toolmans help with timing. The chaps last week told me they opened at 11am, but I have since read for P&O they don’t open until midday. So would be good to know.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Thanks so much Pinkbelle. It’s a pain getting a time of 3.30, we probably could have set off really early and not needed the hotel.
You never know we might even strike lucky and they say we can go through….doubt it though !

Just thought we’re not booked with CPS if that makes a difference.

Edited at 08:02 AM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

It won’t make a difference with who you park with. We had an early time last week, and were booked with Parking 4 cruises. We drove to the terminal @11am, dropped off our luggage (this is when I asked if this was possible even with a later boarding time) then on to the short stay parking to meet the P4C driver.
If you are not using CPS you then have to do the walk through testing, they checked our boarding time before letting us join the testing queue. Although this did tend to depend on the staff member you got.

Personally I find P&O boarding process laborious at the best of time. Security always seems to open a bit later than planned, after midday. They have still been allowing priority boarding and in June that added a good hour to our waiting time.

A bit peeved about possibly missing out on booking some speciality dining venues etc, due to late time. But I know I will ve much happier just chilling for embarkation day, going for a nice lunch rather than getting stressed in the overcrowded terminal.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
It won’t make a difference with who you park with. We had an early time last week, and were booked with Parking 4 cruises. We drove to the terminal @11am, dropped off our luggage (this is when I asked if this was possible even with a later boarding time) then on to the short stay parking to meet the P4C driver.
If you are not using CPS you then have to do the walk through testing, they checked our boarding time before letting us join the testing queue. Although this did tend to depend on the staff member you got.

Personally I find P&O boarding process laborious at the best of time. Security always seems to open a bit later than planned, after midday. They have still been allowing priority boarding and in June that added a good hour to our waiting time.

A bit peeved about possibly missing out on booking some speciality dining venues etc, due to late time. But I know I will ve much happier just chilling for embarkation day, going for a nice lunch rather than getting stressed in the overcrowded terminal.
Hopefully it will be a bit quieter later on and we will have a more relaxing time. Mind you a few posters on here are showing late times. I think there is only Katie who is on early.

I am resigned to no speciality dining. Husband just thinks it will cost less Really don’t think the dining should be booked like this, it should open after 5pm when everyone should have boarded.
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

It should be as it usually is, if you wish to book and pay before boarding then that option should be available.

It’s very frustrating, on regular cruises there hasn’t been this kind of frenzy, leave it more than a day or two and you might not get your first choice of day or time but could usually be accommodated.
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

DH annoyed about it more than me, he says if we are following their rules and sticking to our allocated time of arrival we should not be disadvantaged when it comes to making bookings onboard.
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
DH annoyed about it more than me, he says if we are following their rules and sticking to our allocated time of arrival we should not be disadvantaged when it comes to making bookings onboard.
I’m with your husband then, he is definitely correct !
My husband is Mr Laid back and stresses over nothing. He just says we will all get onboard and we’ll all be fed ! I stress for the both of us !

I remember on Harmony of the Seas all the speciality restaurants had tables set out in the MDR taking bookings on the afternoon we boarded. They also did a deal where I bought 3 nights speciality dining vouchers for £10 each. P & O are making it hard work for themselves and the passengers.
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I’m with your husband then, he is definitely correct !
My husband is Mr Laid back and stresses over nothing. He just says we will all get onboard and we’ll all be fed ! I stress for the both of us !

I remember on Harmony of the Seas all the speciality restaurants had tables set out in the MDR taking bookings on the afternoon we boarded. They also did a deal where I bought 3 nights speciality dining vouchers for £10 each. P & O are making it hard work for themselves and the passengers.
On P&O the speciality restaurants usually had 2 menus that they alternated so the menu changed during a 7 night cruise. They had a table set up in the atrium where you could look at the menus and book or wander to the restaurant and have a look at the tables and even chose where you might like to be seated and book.

Doing that was always part of our first day. You could always make a reservation and pay before boarding!

My DH claims he is taking timeline photos and if we can’t get reservations he will request a meeting with the Food and Beverages team to get reservations for one night in Limelight Club, and an opportunity to try The Olive Grove, he is willing to be flexible when it comes to the day but that is it
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
I have just realised that I booked Triangle parking from 11am (optimistic there !) looking at the map it’s only a short walk to the shops so I’m sure we’ll be ok leaving bags in the boot there if we can’t manage to offload the cases.