Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Sep 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Ok I know it’s not WDW but…Rome ?

..can anyone offer any advice/knowledge into the best area to stay & how easy is it to get around ?

I know they have a metro & we mastered the washington metro..is it easy to get from the airport to the touristy bits ?

Obvs I will be researching it but as I’m sat waiting for my son to finish football, I thought I’d pop a quick message on here in the meantime…we’re thinking 4 days in February - is that enough time ? !

Edited at 09:36 PM.
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed in the Pantheon Hotel and didn't have to use any public transport as was walking distance to all the sites. (Couldn't walk it now though).
We went for 4 nights the end of october and we could easily have stayed longer, the weather was just right, sunny and warm but not hot.
Would definately go again and stay in the Pantheon area. Have a nice time. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
We’ve found February is a great time to visit Rome in the past just be aware that Valentines Day and some weekends due to Six nations rugby can put up prices.

The Pigna region will pretty much put you right in the action where you can easily walk to all the main sites but the metro is very easy to use so don’t rule out other areas - we’ve stayed just outside Vatican City (Borgo/ Prati area) area tends to be a little less touristy and found hotel prices to be cheaper here.
Re airport very easy either the train think it’s the leonardo express or we tend to use Terravision coach- maybe an hour transfer but only £5pp & used to run every 30min

You can cover a great amount in 4 days but I could easily do a week at a time.

One thing I would recommend (although pre Covid) is look at italia rail - we’ve paid £20 each for day returns to some other cities such as Florence

Also because you’ve mentioned your son plays football we once went to a Roma game, tickets were available at £5 each (I’m not a fan, couldn’t tell you who played Roma but it was an experience)
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Love Rome. We’ve stayed in the Trastevere area 3 times. Just walked everywhere.

I’ve got a wee trip report, Feb 2018. Hoping to get back at some point.

Trip report here
Old 29 Sep 21, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

We did 4 nights at the end of January last year, weather was mild and not too crowded. Nice amount of time but could've done plenty more if we had longer. We stayed in Campo de Fiori and felt it was perfect for walking everywhere. We loved Trastevere, spent most evenings/nights here, if we went again it would definitely be top of my list of where to stay but it is only a couple of minutes walk over the bridge from Campo de Fiori.

We got a train from the airport and taxi back, we walked everywhere else. Happy planning
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List