Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 28 Jul 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Yes it is the right one, very odd that it’s not on the BA website now unless they’ve sold out on those dates?

If I was going with the kids I would probably look at an AirBnB purely for the space. There are some lovely apartments on there that looked really central. As it’s just my mum, sister and I we don’t mind sharing for 3 nights but I did look at AirBnB for options
I just changed my dates to the same as yours, it must be sold out! Only 8 hotels available! The Grand Hotel Reykjavik is £265pp so just over £1000 for the 4 of us, plus we have £350 credit to use, so £750 for 3 nights in Iceland? Is that good? I dunno haha.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I just changed my dates to the same as yours, it must be sold out! Only 8 hotels available! The Grand Hotel Reykjavik is £265pp so just over £1000 for the 4 of us, plus we have £350 credit to use, so £750 for 3 nights in Iceland? Is that good? I dunno haha.
Oh no! Obviously a popular choice.

Hmmm that seems a lot for a weekend but you are paying for 4 of you. I’m very lucky my mum still treats my sister and I like children and has paid for us all 😂

Have you priced up flights with someone like EasyJet and accommodation separately to see if it works out cheaper? The plus side of an apartment is you could save money having breakfast there

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
TUI seem to have some decent availability from December onwards and they include 2 excursions with the booking. For 2Ad / 1Ch I priced up 4 nights B&B at the Alda which is the top ranked hotel in Reykjavik and it came up at about £1800 but that sounds expensive to me when alternative flights with EasyJet seem so much cheaper.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh no! Obviously a popular choice.

Hmmm that seems a lot for a weekend but you are paying for 4 of you. I’m very lucky my mum still treats my sister and I like children and has paid for us all 😂

Have you priced up flights with someone like EasyJet and accommodation separately to see if it works out cheaper? The plus side of an apartment is you could save money having breakfast there
Easyjet flights are cheaper, but by the time we pay to get to Gatwick or Luton we might aswell just go with BA from LHR, as like you we're just down the road. Plus we have BA vouchers to use aswell. I might have to run it by DH aswell lol

NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
TUI seem to have some decent availability from December onwards and they include 2 excursions with the booking. For 2Ad / 1Ch I priced up 4 nights B&B at the Alda which is the top ranked hotel in Reykjavik and it came up at about £1800 but that sounds expensive to me when alternative flights with EasyJet seem so much cheaper.
I didn't realise you could book with TUI, shame that the dates aren't very flexible, it was £1000 more than BA!

Old 28 Jul 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Easyjet flights are cheaper, but by the time we pay to get to Gatwick or Luton we might aswell just go with BA from LHR, as like you we're just down the road. Plus we have BA vouchers to use aswell. I might have to run it by DH aswell lol
Yes this is exactly what we found too, LHR is just too convenient for us.
I would prob end up booking through BA for ease and like you say to use your vouchers.

If your hubby is anything like Jim then he’ll show no interest until nearer the time so I just go ahead and book what I like 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone! I need to look into this properly, and look at accommodation! I really want to get something booked, especially as BA are offering no fee changes for things booked before 31st Aug and travel before April 21. Just not sure on locations and does anyone hire a car? As there are 4 of us, teens who will be 13 & nearly 15, I keep wondering if I should look at an air b&b or similar for a bit more space & comfort?
We hired a car when we went. We were travelling with our youngest then 11. We drove straight to the Blue Lagoon then onto the hotel. We used he car to drive to all tourists spots except the northern lights and the whale watching which came with hotel pick up and drop off.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
fissycist
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi, please look at Icelandair. They can do packages including flights, hotel and tours (northern lights etc.) I booked I 50th birthday trip last December which cost £299 per person including flights, hotel and northern lights boat trip.
Icelandair are really good with children and on a previous trip DD’s got free treats on the plane and cheap transfer fares etc. For the airbus.
fissycist is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
We stayed in hotel Skuggi in Reykjavik which is a lovely hotel with a very good breakfast. The location was perfect for us we didn't have a car though as we were advised against driving in the winter months. The weather is so changeable just be aware of this. Iceland is so beautiful we would love to go back.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Melissaur
Earning My Ears

I would always recommend staying in an airbnb. I stayed in a chalet on the Golden Circle in 2016 and I will definitely be staying in a similar area when I go back. Perfect for the northern lights too. We just sat in the hot tub outside our accommodation and looked up at the sky.

Definitely hire a car too! It can be expensive but if you are planning on visiting all the tourist spots then it means you have the freedom of staying as long or as little as you and your kids want depending on how much you enjoy it.

Walt Disney World - 2001, 2003, 2005, 2012 & 2015

Next trip planning has begun for Disneyland Paris 2024
Melissaur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List