Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Aug 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
Interesting to see another couple of recommendations - thank you! I just can’t believe the prices though... Pacific Rim is over £1000 for 3 nights. I can’t justify it. I’ve seen a deal for Hotel Blu for less than half that - it gets really good reviews on tripadvisor. Anyone stayed there?
Not stayed there but staying there in October. I had reason to call them about a request and they were so helpful, and upgraded me to a queen suite for free. I can give you an honest opinion if you can wait until then? I have done a lot of research and chose hotel Blu based on a friends recommendation, and reviews on TA.
Just a thought, dont know that it will be the "luxurious" that you want? More a really good hotel at a reasonable price?

Edited at 09:16 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Not stayed there but staying there in October. I had reason to call them about a request and they were so helpful, and upgraded me to a queen suite for free. I can give you an honest opinion if you can wait until then? I have done a lot of research and chose hotel Blu based on a friends recommendation, and reviews on TA.
Just a thought, dont know that it will be the "luxurious" that you want? More a really good hotel at a reasonable price?
Oh yes please that’d be really helpful! I’ve made a reservation which I can cancel for free so have snagged the rate for now. I’ll be interested to hear your review
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Oh yes please that’d be really helpful! I’ve made a reservation which I can cancel for free so have snagged the rate for now. I’ll be interested to hear your review
Ok I will definitely do that. I have a rate that I can cancel too. I got a good rate with Expedia, and you just cancel online. Will take a few pics for you as well.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ok I will definitely do that. I have a rate that I can cancel too. I got a good rate with Expedia, and you just cancel online. Will take a few pics for you as well.
Thank you. I look forward to hearing about your trip. We gave up on the thought of “luxury” when we saw the prices - but this hotel looks great. If we are within walking distance or travel options for exploring Vancouver then I’m sure it’ll suit us.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thank you. I look forward to hearing about your trip. We gave up on the thought of “luxury” when we saw the prices - but this hotel looks great. If we are within walking distance or travel options for exploring Vancouver then I’m sure it’ll suit us.
Will tell you how we manage to get around etc. As long as it’s clean, decent and friendly staff we will be happy. Our first time to Vancouver so looking forward to it. Would love to do the Alaskan cruise as we love cruising but even if they are up and running by October it’s too soon to cruise just yet. Hopefully next year. Alaska looks amazing.
Old 9 Aug 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Interesting to see another couple of recommendations - thank you! I just can’t believe the prices though... Pacific Rim is over £1000 for 3 nights. I can’t justify it. I’ve seen a deal for Hotel Blu for less than half that - it gets really good reviews on tripadvisor. Anyone stayed there?
I’ve stayed there for a few nights in 2019, and I really liked it. I am sure another poster said the same when I mentioned it in my trip report. I think I have a photo of our room in there. The desk staff and concierge were all v nice and helpful. The building is part residential, part hotel.

Edit: just double checked my pic and the room was bigger than my photo makes it look 🤣

Edited at 09:05 PM.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
I’ve stayed there for a few nights in 2019, and I really liked it. I am sure another poster said the same when I mentioned it in my trip report. I think I have a photo of our room in there. The desk staff and concierge were all v nice and helpful. The building is part residential, part hotel.

Edit: just double checked my pic and the room was bigger than my photo makes it look 🤣
Thank you very much. Just read your trip report and what an amazing trip. I must explore more of Canada. At least I know the hotel is ok, and where to eat etc. Would love to see Calgary, but maybe next time. Thank you.
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post

That’s excellent - thanks! It sounds like it was pretty easy to get everywhere. I was a little worried about that as it looks removed from the action on the map!

Your trip sounds amazing. We’ll be a bit limited on this visit but it’s given me some ideas for the future
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Thank you very much. Just read your trip report and what an amazing trip. I must explore more of Canada. At least I know the hotel is ok, and where to eat etc. Would love to see Calgary, but maybe next time. Thank you.
Really hope you get to go! We were booked to go 7 September for our road trip, but have cancelled due to the lack of border crossing to USA and 2 week isolation in Canada up to 31/8 at the moment.
We were booked into The Burrard and have rebooked already for next year - fingers crossed! Please do a trip report if you can

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Really hope you get to go! We were booked to go 7 September for our road trip, but have cancelled due to the lack of border crossing to USA and 2 week isolation in Canada up to 31/8 at the moment.
We were booked into The Burrard and have rebooked already for next year - fingers crossed! Please do a trip report if you can
Sorry your trip was cancelled. Dont know if I say in this thread, but I live in Canada now, but on PEI, so can go to Vancouver now, with quarantine only when we get home to PEI. That would not be a problem for us. We are hoping by then they will lift the quarantine here. We also looked at the Burrard...its not far from hotel Blu. I dont know about a full daily trip report, but will certainly do a little report and can check out the Burrard for you. Hope you enjoy the Lake District. One of my favorite places in the whole world. So very very envious Have a great time.