Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jul 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We’re in the middle of this at the moment. Having been vaguely looking for a while but on hold due to Covid the perfect house came up near our daughter (100 miles away). Luckily they let us view against the fact that we had already been in contact with an agent and had an EPC. We loved it, phoned our agent from up there to put things in motion, it went live a couple of days later and sold within ten days. Our second offer on the property was accepted and it is all now with the solicitors, IF it all goes smoothly we should move September / October. Fingers crossed.
Old 16 Jul 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Around 14 years ago, we put our house on the market and at the price suggested by 3 different Estate Agents. We were not being greedy.. and then found our dream new build home under construction. We put a deposit down immediately.

The trouble was that even though we reduced our price by over 10%, we could not secure a sale. The estate agents we intended buying from (Bradfords), were absolutely brilliant and kept the ‘deal’ open for months longer than they probably should have. In the end, it was not to be. Our non returnable deposit was returned by Bradfords and we took ours off the market.

8 years ago, we moved into another new build, but it was not as we hoped.

4 years ago, we moved into our current new build. Once the snagging was done, we were left with a house better than that original, dream one. Things often happen for a reason and we got what we wanted (plus) in the end.

We are in agreement that this is our final home and that we will stay in it unless I’ll health intervenes. When we have converted one of our attached double garage to a dining room (starts 2 weeks Monday) and build a sunroom on the back, it will truly be our dream home!

If it isn’t meant to be, then it isn’t meant to be. But threadstarter, I feel sure that you will get exactly what you want in the medium term if you fail in the short!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

I just want to reiterate cornishfrogboy, although I'm not a spiritual person I do believe these things happen for a reason. We were devastated when we couldn't sell our house last year quickly enough for our 'dream' house. We went on the market this year just to test it really, no joy January-March, when Covid hit we asked the agents to remove it. 2 days before lockdown was 'lifted' for viewings I got a call from the EA to book a viewing, she didn't seem aware we weren't on, I said yes but then I cancelled as it was technically not in the rules and I wasn't in the mood tbh. She rang me the next day when the rules officially changed and I thought 'may as well'. Anyway that viewing was our first offer. We were going to go back into rented to see what happens, but 2 weeks later an area we never previously considered came to our attention and the most beautiful house- it was just as the market was reopening and we negotiated some cracking incentives.

Covid made me re-evaluate what I wanted from home and work, home working is becoming even more regular and will stay like that for me (so we can move a bit further out where it's cheaper) and then the stamp duty holiday happened! I can't help but get excited this is all falling into place and was how it was supposed to be, even Florida being cancelled which has freed up cash to get us moving, but it's still very early days for us, fingers crossed we get there.

If it's not this one, something better is waiting for you around the corner, it's just about taking a risk really x
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

My parents put there house on the market last year but didn’t sell it to Feb then the lockdown happened and the house my parents were buying pulled out the house they were buying so don’t set your heart on a house to your house is STC 1st unless you can buy it without selling yours 1st.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KathyHiggs
Getting to know the DIBB

i think you should find a mortgage broker , get a free consultation and ask anything you want, There are many companies that can help you . It is not so good when you lose the chance to move into your dreaming house.

Edited at 12:12 PM.
KathyHiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 05:24 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Fingers crossed if everything goes forward we have just done this. We started looking and saw a beautiful house that fit all our requirements. We managed to get ours on the market really quickly and put an offer in with our house having been on the market for 2 days. We had notes of interest, went to a closing date and accepted an offer yesterday. Less than 2 weeks after our offer was accepted for the house we loved.
Our buyer wants to move quickly because they are a cash buyer so I’m hopeful it will all go to plan.