Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Aug 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Horse fly

Can I ask are horses flys a thing the devil created. I have never been bitten ever before. So far I’ve been bitten twice this summer soooo painful and itchy. I just hate them.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

My arm swelled up last time one of these buggers bit me.
Old 5 Aug 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
They totally are. I take really bad reactions to their bites. And they drive our poor ponies demented.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I had to have antibiotics a few weeks ago after being bitten by one of the little buggers, one of the Doctors at work noticed the swelling and the bite weeping through my scrubs!

Nasty little things.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

I was bitten by a horsefly on Sunday and have to say it's 90%okay surprisingly! I think I 'nuked' it quickly enough that all I've got is a slight itch, no lump and now looks like a freckle. The pain from bite was awful, think I've been very lucky!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

My horse comes out in hives when they bite her, poor thing looks like a ghost as she is covered from head to hoof with white mesh rugs.
Awful things.
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Evil little sods! I react really badly to them and usually needs a course of antibiotics. They are really attracted to dark colours and can even bite through your clothing.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Excited about Disney

They sure are the creatures of the devil. DH got a couple of nasty bites last year and ended up in hospital on an antibiotics drip. His started with a wee mark and itchy and by the end was black and swollen. It goes without saying he doesn’t like bothering thw dr. If it looks infected please get yourself to a dr ASAP.
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Yes they are evil, I believe it’s the female horsefly that bites and it doesn’t bite it rips into the skin creating a jagged wound. I got bit a few years ago and ended up with antibiotics as the bite turned nasty and I had cellulitis.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I ended up at the walk in centre with a bite on my foot. In the initial triage, the nurse drew around the red area, leaving a gap of about a centimetre. I went back out into the waiting area, for another couple of hours, and watched in fascination as the redness crept towards the pen mark. Amazing how fast it spreads when it starts going nasty. Antibiotics fixed it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List