Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 5 Aug 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We went to our local Aldis, next door is an M & S food store and cafe with tables outside. We decided to have lunch there as it is quite pleasant sitting ouside there Had two coffees and two freshly made chicken salad club sandwiches for the princely sum of £7, didnt't realise they were using the eat out scheme
Old 5 Aug 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

The ear fairy is out and about at the moment, I now have all my gold ears
Old 5 Aug 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Me and DS called in to Subway today. He got a 12 inch meal deal and I got a 6 inch meal deal and it came to about £6.50. They are only applying the discount if you are eating in though so if you are asked just say yes.. they won't know 😉

At the same time DD met her bestie in Wagamama. They always get kids meals in there so they got a kids meal and a sprite each and it came to £4 each!
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We went to Subway for lunch today (approx £6.50) - I had a chicken tikka salad bowl and hubby had a foot long Italian BMT (ate half and he's having the other half for tea). We then walked across to Costa and had an iced latte, pot of tea and 2 cakes (£4.20). It felt lovely getting out at lunchtime and both places were busy but well organised.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

We've been to mad hatters today at matlock bath, my first visit won't be my last, was set up really well we had booked in advance when we got there we were given hand sanitizer and a qr code to register for test and trace.
Food was fantastic, my youngest wasn't feeling great... Not ill but anxious as first time eating out so she had toast which was the best toast ever she said and a rose lemonade, myself and elsest had freakshakes I had strawberry cheesecake, Meg had cherry bakewell and they were amazing. She had a chicken burger and I had gourmet fish finger sandwich which was amazing the tartare sauce was mixed with mushy peas and spread onto the bread, now I hate mushy peas but these were spot on, both came with chips and after the toast Lilly had warm cookie dough and ice cream as she was feeling better lol, £21.80 and we got Elizabeth Shaw mints with the bill, I left em £30 and still thought it was a bargain... Will definitely be back, the food and staff were brilliant x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

gosh i'm so hungry, not long now to we go though, thank god! starving haha

Milkshake looks yum!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I am loving the scheme. We went to our local pub last night - its only recently reopened and under new management, they had put a quiz on so we decided to support it, then found out they had signed up for the scheme, there was 6 of us and dinner, pudding and 2 x drinks each came to just over £10 a person. Then today DD and I had lunch at Honey and Harvey and it was half price at just over £10 for both of us, brilliant. Will certainly make use of the scheme.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just back from Miller and Carter and the meal was nowhere near as good as it was 2 weeks ago. We paid £55 instead of £75 but seeing as we wouldn't have gone if not for scheme then we feel a bit ripped off to be honest.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Just back from Miller and Carter and the meal was nowhere near as good as it was 2 weeks ago. We paid £55 instead of £75 but seeing as we wouldn't have gone if not for scheme then we feel a bit ripped off to be honest.
What did you have Sue?
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Sorry you had a bad meal

We are just back from tgi's. It was very busy. Gosh it was good!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List