Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Aug 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Nintendo Games consoles

Hi, i am wondering at what age did your children ever get a games console? My dd is 6 and i am considering buying her the nintendo switch lite for xmas. She loves playing games on her ipad! Would i be better to buy the full nintendo switch as she already has a tv?

Thanks!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I have a switch, my husband has Switch lite. I like the Switch as you can play two or more players together on the one switch, either on its screen or on the TV, so it’s a bit more sociable.

Obviously we are adults so no advice on ages.
pinkbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My dd was 5 when we got our switch however her dad is a gamer so already had an Xbox and PS4 and she has previously played on those.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

My daughter is 5 tomorrow and we've played together on the switch for about a year now.

Only a couple of games though but the good thing about it is it's touch screen so some games she can play easily herself.

I was five when I got my first console, I think 6 would be a good age for a switch where you could expect her to be able to play games herself. I'd recommend getting the full version, it means you can join in the games easier as the side controllers can be used one each
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d go with Switch Lite for her or a Switch for the family (rather than on her TV which I assume is in her room). We got our Switch in January (kids were 10&8) and recently for them Switch Lites (Animal Crossing!). They love their Lites but equally enjoy the family games we play on the main Switch.
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

if the budget stretches go for the full version if you can find one

with the full version you can play it via the tv and share the controllers which come off so you can play multiplayer. It also saves them staring at a tiny screen for ages which isn't really that good for developing eyes.

Nintendo is a great starter console as they do lots of kid friendly games. My biggest issue is the games can be expensive esp for the more popular ones like mario even 2nd hand
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks, we are not gamers at all!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I have a Switch Lite because the games I play I prefer handheld anyway, but I would recommend the full Switch for most people due to the versatility. Especially if you aren't gamers as you don't really know what kind of titles you're going to end up liking. Some of them are much better connected to the TV, especially if you get some of the fun multi-player ones.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

My son has the Nintendo switch, he is 7 but was 6 when he got it for Christmas. The screen is bigger than the lite and there is the option to out it on the TV so we personally preferred the switch.
He absolutely loves animal crossing and mincraft. He has loads of other games but never bothers with them. He also likes to watch YouTube on it.
Definitely well worth the money 👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post

got to be the full switch, afterall if friends come around they can play together, games like just dance are great for that
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List