Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jun 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m glad you’ve mentioned about the change in tower of terror, as I had thought I had read somewhere about it being changed back again. We were just watching the last episode of the imagineering story and it was shown changing into guardians of the galaxy, and I’ve been looking forward to trying it.

My last visit was I think 8 years ago, and one of the changes I’m most sad about is the bugsland! I love that film so much, and loved that part of the park. Very excited about cars land though, another Pixar favourite for us!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

ok, wow, we are all October people. In the first post I'm going to start a list of who when and where
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I’m not , I’m still August 😂
We start in Vegas on the 12th aug , then LA area for Disneyland/universal , have queen Mary booked (for now) and then down to the coast and Winchester mystery house and then on to Hawaii .
All this waiting is a logistical nightmare!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
I’m not , I’m still August 😂
We start in Vegas on the 12th aug , then LA area for Disneyland/universal , have queen Mary booked (for now) and then down to the coast and Winchester mystery house and then on to Hawaii .
All this waiting is a logistical nightmare!
sounds like an epic trip

where are you staying in Anaheim and what dates do you check in and check out, so that I can add you to the list in the first post
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
sounds like an epic trip

where are you staying in Anaheim and what dates do you check in and check out, so that I can add you to the list in the first post
It’s for dh’s 40th so really hope everything opens up or we can move it 🤞🏼
We’re at the Anaheim Portofino Inn & Suites from the 15th aug to the 19th aug .
Thanks 😊
Old 6 Jun 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Hi and welcome

My rescheduled dates are for the same dates as you. Right now I'm expecting oogie boogie bash to be cancelled as it wouldn't fit in with social distancing guidelines. Disney seem to be cancelling events which bring in large crowds so that they can limit park capacity.

So much has changed since you were last at Disneyland California. The most noteable things are at California Adventures park. Carsland is amazing and the Pier area is now rethemed to Pixar Pier.

Tower of Terror is now rethemed to Gardians of The Galaxy and will be a feature of the new Marvel Land.

Bugsland is gone and thats where the new Marvel land is being built.

In the Main park,its all about Star Wars Galaxys Edge.

Maxpass is a paid version of the free paper Fastpass. I never use Max pass, I manage just fine with the free paper ones.

Mobile ordering at counter service is new as well, I used it in June 2019 and it really saved time.

What hotel have you booked?
California advenventure park was there on our last trip trip but know its changed a huge amount since then, very much looking forward to cars land. We were lucky enough to visit GE in florida on opening day and ride Smugglers run but can't wait to try the disneyland GE and ride rise of the resistance

Yeah if we get to go not anticipating oogie boogie bash to be available which will be a shame as have done MNSSHP 3 times and were really looking forward to trying something different.

have rented some points off a very helpful dibb member so have 6 nights booked at the grand californian and the last night at the anaheim camelot inn and suites as at time of booking i could not get any DVC availability for a studio on the last night

Paul
OutbackAddict is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dawnfletch
slightly serious Dibber

Dawnfletch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I like this thread. Even tho we have decided not to go this year. Here is what we was going to do & it would have been our first time.
1st August flying to Las Vegas 5 nights there. Then driving to Anahiem for 9 nights. Doing all the sights in LA. We have 5 day park hopper Disneyland ticket.
DS(13) has been asking to go for pass 2 years. We was all so excited to go. So our trip is on hold until we feel safe to go & we can have the full experience of Disneyland. We have been lucky so far & have a had some refunds backs. Just waiting to see about flights & what is happening with those.
Old 6 Jun 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dawnfletch View Post
I like this thread. Even tho we have decided not to go this year. Here is what we was going to do & it would have been our first time.
1st August flying to Las Vegas 5 nights there. Then driving to Anahiem for 9 nights. Doing all the sights in LA. We have 5 day park hopper Disneyland ticket.
DS(13) has been asking to go for pass 2 years. We was all so excited to go. So our trip is on hold until we feel safe to go & we can have the full experience of Disneyland. We have been lucky so far & have a had some refunds backs. Just waiting to see about flights & what is happening with those.
Awww thats a shame, but at least now, you can keep up with the news and see how things go. There is not alot of info here on The Dibb, and people don't really know where to look for info, so I'm trying to share as much as I can.
Old 6 Jun 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

MAN-LAX: Check in 20th October (Hyatt Regency Orange County).

Check out 25th to catch our Delta flight Orlando.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Looks like I’ll be the guinea pig if we still get to go ..
Eek..😬