Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Jun 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Hijacking a thread again, but is the Visitor Toll Pass (or whatever it was called) still running? We used that last year and it was superb!
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Thanks I had totally forgotten about the Dollar Sunpass. Will try to get visitor tollpass instead you reckon?
Just got in after a 10 mile walk looking for little white balls on a 9 hole course

As Andy says VTP is temporarily suspended but I do check every day. I'll be posting as soon as it comes back. Domestic flights are still getting into MCO but guess not many Americans are hiring cars.

Mick
Old 9 Jun 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Just got in after a 10 mile walk looking for little white balls on a 9 hole course

As Andy says VTP is temporarily suspended but I do check every day. I'll be posting as soon as it comes back. Domestic flights are still getting into MCO but guess not many Americans are hiring cars.

Mick
DH off ball hunting tomorrow
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post

Mick
If I get this am I totally safe and won’t get stiffed by Dollar Mick?

Cheers

YT
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of brilliant tips here, thank you.

Do you think if we pre-download Orlando map in Google maps, use android auto (like we do at home), it will work? We keep our phones in airplane mode while away to avoid accidental data useage or calls x
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews

Cheers

YT
YT

Not really sure to me honest. The way I read it is that even if you opt out of their "attractive" Sunpass scheme they might hit you for a $10 fee. It's not totally clear to me I'm afraid.

Hopefully a Dollar expert will spot the thread. There's bound to be a few dozen here.

Mick
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I continue to use Budget as they are competitive and because they have never tried to rip me off or let me down. That makes me a loyal punter.

In the event that they do, then my loyalty will change. Andy at DFCH has a very high reputation indeed and that will be my next port of call.

Many on the DIBB use him and clearly that is with good reason. It was rather unfortunate that the only time that I asked for a quote was for Seattle to Vancouver this March (subsequently and obviously cancelled). The clue may be the ‘F’ in the company title and on that occasion he was not competitive (albeit his communication was excellent).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post

Do you think if we pre-download Orlando map in Google maps, use android auto (like we do at home), it will work? We keep our phones in airplane mode while away to avoid accidental data useage or calls x
Yes, that'll work.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Cheers

YT
From the feedback on here and the FB groups, I haven't heard of anyone having issues with the VTP failing to work and instead picking up charges with the rental companies. Providing you hang it correctly on the rearview mirror, you should be fine.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post

Andy has already replied but I can only speak with any certainly about "Here". We leave our phones on flight mode between leaving the UK and getting home. We use WhatsApp to communicate with family using Wifi.

You won't use data but you won't get live traffic reports.

Mick
Old 10 Jun 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Yes, that'll work.
Fab, thank you!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List