Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 30 Jun 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed on i-drive without a car and it was a perfect holiday! No worry about parking fees, trying to sort rental car, remembering where we’d parked (the car parks are like cities!) Each to their own!
Check out the cost for uber/lyft, and the cost for shuttles, lynx etc and use whatever combination suits your family. You’re right - you will have an amazing time
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, not all hotels in Lake Buena vista are Disney. We stayed at the Clarion Inn LBV and it is a 20 minute bus ride on the Lynx to Disney where you transfer and use Disney free transport. It also did direct free shuttles to Disney, first one at 7.30am and last one back at 11,30pm plus ones in between. Loads of places to eat within walking distance as well. Rooms include microwave and fridge as standard, it's a great place to stay and very handy.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando19
New Poster (5)

Mobile

I stayed on I-drive last November and travelled to Disney by Uber. It was hassle free. I paid $16.36 to get there and the cost to come back was $28.40. (Excluding tip). The return cost was higher due to surge pricing as we were attending the MNNSHP and didn't leave til the park closed. It was just myself and my 2 children. Hope this helps!
Orlando19 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

I've stayed on I-Drive without a car.

Your hotel will likely have free buses provided for Seaworld/Universal. Check with them. If not use Uber or for Seaworld and restaurants up and down I-Drive the I-trolley service is cheap and frequent (if sometimes packed)

For Disney just use Lyft/Uber it's reasonable cost and no hassle parking up in the gargantuan Disney car park (and paying $20 for the 'convenience') and walking half a mile or waiting in the heat for a Disney tram - they'll drop you off fairly close to the park entrance.

You'll have a great time. It's great to walk up and down I-drive in the evening after a day in the parks. Loads of choice for meals to suit all budgets and plenty to do. I-drive is much nicer than it was a few years ago.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

Stayed a couple of times on I-Drive without a car... used I-Trolley to go up and down I-Drive (now have an app with bus times)... used the shuttle bus to get to Busch Gardens... everything else, malls, Gatorland, Universal Parks and Magic Kingdom used Uber, super easy!
Enjoy your trip!
Old 30 Jun 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did buses to Disney on our honeymoon and it was awful. If you aren’t getting a car, Uber/Lyft 100%.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
Unfortunately theres not much I can do about that. I couldnt afford to stay at disney and in all honesty preferred the option of staying on I drive. I'm not too fussed about the fireworks and am happy to just leave the hotel early and do some planning with bus times etc. With all the walking we will be doing the bus rides will probably be a nice rest for my children. We may get an uber every now and then depending on the prices too.
We stopped on I-Drive for our first visit and just used buses (Lynx). At the time the bus picked up under the expressway just down from the Rosen Centre hotel. Not sure if it still picks up from there or just from Sea Harbour Drive near Seaworld.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List