Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 4 Jul 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Disney + TV App?

Just about to buy my youngest a TV but want to make sure you can download the Disney + App. I’ve read a couple of reviews where folk have said it’s not available. Is there anyway I can check before I buy if it’s definitely downloadable for this TV? Thanks!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Smife
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

You can go on the Disney+ web site and it shows you the devices it’s available on just scroll down near the bottom. If it’s not available on the tv you want. You could always buy a cheap amazon fire stick
Smife is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

What TV is it? Haven't seen one place you can check.

It can also be installed on some games consoles if he has one of those.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Smife View Post
You can go on the Disney+ web site and it shows you the devices it’s available on just scroll down near the bottom. If it’s not available on the tv you want. You could always buy a cheap amazon fire stick
Just had a look - thank you! We have sky, so I have no idea about amazon fire sticks. Just had a look on amazon - they look to be about £30 - £40, is that how much you’d expect to pay? Thanks again!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
What TV is it? Haven't seen one place you can check.

It can also be installed on some games consoles if he has one of those.
Thanks. I’m between a Sony and a Toshiba. She doesn’t have any consoles in her room, so we might go for the Fires stick if the app isn’t available on the one we end up with.
Old 4 Jul 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

You need to check the model not just the brand. Sony could be its own OS or Android TV.

Fire sticks are in that price range, the Roku stick is another option. Sky Q also has the app and can run on the mini box.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I think it's also available on Now TV sticks if the tv doesn't have it.
Old 4 Jul 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

If you have smart phone and Chromecast you can cast to the TV.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
P.Sherman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Thanks. I’m between a Sony and a Toshiba. She doesn’t have any consoles in her room, so we might go for the Fires stick if the app isn’t available on the one we end up with.
I have a toshiba and it doesn't have the app available so had to buy a fire stick - to be honest have had a few issues with the toshiba and whilst their customer service have been really helpful it is annoying for things to go wrong when they are so new - I wouldn't buy another toshiba now.

dreaming of my happy place
P.Sherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

daft question seems we need a TV stick as sony tv is too old for the app...

so Now TV stick 30 quid in currys, free this & that for a month... but do you have to pay monthly ongoing for now tv or can you have the stick literally only for disney +

we have sky & netflix already
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List