Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jul 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Halowa View Post
drive.google/file/d/1w42...w?usp=drivesdk

This is what we have. As mentioned it gets slippy when wet, and picks up grime. Our garden is east facing and had a terrible time keeping cast concrete paving clean with algae. This cleans up easily.
I can't open the link. Is it on your good drive perhaps?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I can't open the link. Is it on your good drive perhaps?
Yes. How do I show it?
Old 24 Jul 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

We have had Indian stone in the back garden, and are still pleased, 12 years later. We have imprinted concrete on the drive, it is a large area, the only thing I will say about it is,it does get slippy in the winter, and I am very careful since falling and breaking and dislocating my shoulder
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Halowa View Post
Yes. How do I show it?
No idea sorry !
Old 24 Jul 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

If you get Indian Stone and fully pointed definitely think about the drainage !

I didn't and for the first few years whenever it poured with rain the patio would flood !

Its not so bad now as the pointing has cracked and allows the patio to drain much better.

If I was to do it again I would definitely be putting in some kind of drain and ensuring they built the patio with a decent slope.

Tom Morrow's patio looks great, we thought about smooth stones like his but were put off both by cost and were worried about it be slippery when wet ! Though it would be good in a warmer climate !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post

i work in gardens and i can assure you that when we have a slight frost or its damp and freezes indian sandstone really does turn into a ice rink
Old 25 Jul 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

OP I have no advice for you but I'm following this with interest. We're having our garden done right now and having an Indian sandstone path and patio laid. I had no idea about sealing the stones so this has been very helpful - I'll ask my builder on Monday and look into it more myself over this weekend. I think they will start laying on Monday - I can post pics of the progress if you would like to see the colour. Ours are buff multi, rough I think although they are still in their wood bound pallets at the moment.

We are having a lot of work done and it was an all in price from the builder so unfortunately I can't isolate the paving costs to give you an idea of what we're paying for that part.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I use LTP Colour Intensifier & Stainblock Matt Tile Sealer.

Prices are all over the place but I tend to average £48 for a can.

I use a £3 dirt cheap foam type roller and tray from somewhere like Wilko to put it on and then sling it. Best to get a roller that you can put a broom handle in to as it saves kneeling down!

It goes on like water so I can do my 50 sq m patio in about 15 mins. It takes longer to keep filling the tray up than to do the job!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks Mr TM. That's reassuring !
Old 25 Jul 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
OP I have no advice for you but I'm following this with interest. We're having our garden done right now and having an Indian sandstone path and patio laid. I had no idea about sealing the stones so this has been very helpful - I'll ask my builder on Monday and look into it more myself over this weekend. I think they will start laying on Monday - I can post pics of the progress if you would like to see the colour. Ours are buff multi, rough I think although they are still in their wood bound pallets at the moment.

We are having a lot of work done and it was an all in price from the builder so unfortunately I can't isolate the paving costs to give you an idea of what we're paying for that part.
The builder I am thinking of going with is coming today. I think he is hoping for a yes no answer instead of the heap of questions he is going to get. Part of me thinks well just trust him to do it properly, and am sure yours will, it's just that niggle in the back of my head that now I have been told this stuff I want to know what he is going to do about it. It might be why the quote prices are so differrent.

Drainage is on my mind that's for sure.

Would love to see pictures if you are happy to share, off to google buff colour. Sounds like it might go well with our house colour.