Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jul 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I’ve got a cocker that thinks he is a lap dog too, only he is a big cocker and almost suffocates me with love. He’s at his happiest when he is lay in my arms like a baby, with his head under my chin and dozing off to sleep. And because I am such a softy I will sit there until he has had his doze because I don’t want to disturb him.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
My lab is my child as well. He just wants to be around us, sleeping on us etc all the time. He even wants to come with us in the car everywhere, even if just to fill up, nip to the supermarket etc (obviously only on cold days)
He thinks he’s a lapdog 😂
Agree! They forget they are not that cute little puppy anymore and try to sit on you like they did when they were a puppy.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We have a staffie and a Frenchie they are both so loving Frenchie would be a complete lap
dog if you,let her but walks miles has no health issues but is most certainly the boss she can be a right madam with the other dogs when she wants
The staffie a rescue who was very badly treated the most loving loyal obedient dog we’ve ever owned she just fits in goes with the flow fantastic with dogs and people and amazing with the grandkids and the most adaptable of the 4 dogs to be honest nothing fazes her
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Cocker spaniels , not called Velcro dogs for nothing . 🥰

Old 29 Jul 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
One of our labs is very self contained, the other would climb into my skin if he could get away with it! So sometimes I think it depends on the dog as well as the breed.
I have a horrible feeling that as more people got dogs over lockdown that there may be a surge in dogs in rescue as people get more back to normal.
Old 29 Jul 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I definitely think it’s not so much about the breed and more about the individual dog as my mums Doberman’s have all been so soppy and cuddly .
They have all thought they are lap dogs and you can barely see my mum underneath her youngest ,Jethro!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Forgive me for being blunt, you are grumbling about £900 for teeth extraction on one thread and now asking advice on having another dog? !

If it were me I would embrace the two you have for now. Loosing a furbaby is as hard as loosing a human friend.

Enjoy Myrtle and Nala for now.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post
Forgive me for being blunt, you are grumbling about £900 for teeth extraction on one thread and now asking advice on having another dog? !

If it were me I would embrace the two you have for now. Loosing a furbaby is as hard as loosing a human friend.

I hadn't seen the other thread until now, thought the OP must have been to the dentist and not her other dog

We too had a working cocker whom we lost just before Christmas. He was so affectionate. Would have another in a heartbeat... until I then remember the pain at getting him put to sleep and then say no as I don't want to go through that again
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

We have a show cocker spaniel that literally never leaves my side - I can not go to the bathroom alone and if we have company and want to shut the door for privacy, she has to come in with me as otherwise she tries to scratch the door down to get to me!

I’ve had show cocker spaniels all my life (would never consider anything else) and they’ve all been very affectionate and loving, but Aulani (our 3 year old) is clingy to the extreme - I think I’ve made her that way though -On her very first outdoor walk a larger cockapoo bounded over to her and really frightened both her and I and she has been clingy ever since - she’s my baby and I think I’ve turned her into this clingy little thing - not a good thing really as there are times when I have to leave her obviously for work and she misses me dreadfully - if I leave the room for even a minute to answer the door, she greets me as if she hasn’t seen me for six months, bless her!

Edited at 05:21 PM.
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post

Eh ? I maybe grumbling... but I am paying it and just think it is a little over the top that's all I said. Our last bull terrier due to allergies cost us over £7,000, I still as if you read my thread again, would have sold everything if she needed more, so I don't really know where you seem to be going on this...… why you need to put this comment I don't know... ? I have noticed this in other threads too... have you a problem with me ?
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 06:23 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List