Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Aug 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Couple of friends and family have had issues with cushion durability on other next sofas in recent years. I like the Stamford in the distressed type leather..quite a classic style and looks robust.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PixieBoot View Post
Couple of friends and family have had issues with cushion durability on other next sofas in recent years. I like the Stamford in the distressed type leather..quite a classic style and looks robust.
That’s good to know, thanks 👍 We may end up sticking with leather as previous suites have had quite long lives really ... I have just realised we have been married for 27 years and have only had 2 suites! No wonder I’m finding it hard to break habit and find something new!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Had a Next (either Garda or Stamford - can't remember the exact model) sofa that I picked up on clearance and loved it. Only sold it as it wouldn't fit through the door when we moved. Was about 3 years old at that point and still looked new. Would buy another Next sofa without hesitation, all of their furniture has been really good quality IME.

Also I have the same colour carpets, but lighter walls. My current sofa is a mid grey (similar to the dark grey boucle) and I love the contrast between it and the warmer tone. The dark natural chenille could be good for a fabric option if you wanted to stay with a warmer tone. Even the tweedy blend charcoal looks like it has a warm undertone on my screen. Maybe order a few swatches?
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have had our next sofa and chairs for 10years, they are brown fabric ones not leather. We are a family of 5 with a dog, there isn't a mark on them. Fabric hasn't worn even with the dog using one of the chairs for 10 years,jumping over the arm. Cushions have not sagged at all.
Funny enough we discussed last night about going to next to look for new ones as we want a new colour scheme, would definitely recommend them.
My Mum has had a next sofa for 8 years hers is also great.
Old 4 Aug 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

We had our next leather sofas for 12 years and they were fabulous and looked really good too our dd now has them in her new home .

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We have the Stamford in one of our lounges in the Mid Grey Tweedy Blend. We have had it a few years now and is still in great condition, even with two teens lounging all over it as its in the room they use most. Where about are you in the Uk Col&Ali? We bought ours from Lawtons for less than half the store cost.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Just noticed the above link doesn’t take you to mid mink colour option so just adding this link here for further opinions 😊

next/homeware/sofas-chairs/stamford
I really like the mink colour

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
We have the Stamford in one of our lounges in the Mid Grey Tweedy Blend. We have had it a few years now and is still in great condition, even with two teens lounging all over it as its in the room they use most. Where about are you in the Uk Col&Ali? We bought ours from Lawtons for less than half the store cost.
We are in the Midlands - Stafford. Where’s Lawtons?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
I really like the mink colour
I’ve got a swatch of the mink standing up now against my fireplace ... I like it a lot but DH and DD think a darker colour is needed to break up the beige ... they have no style 😉
Old 4 Aug 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
We are in the Midlands - Stafford. Where’s Lawtons?
Its a huge mill/factory store in Birkenhead, just over the water from Liverpool. They are the manufacturers for Next, M&S, John Lewis etc. They have a lot of cancelled orders, surplus stock and whatnot and its all sold at huge reductions. I have been going to them for years and years and they are great. I got Next sofas in one lounge and M&S sofas in another lounge and they were all less than half the store price.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List