Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Aug 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Something like that so close to a house may have an impact on the property value or the ability to sell - it could put off potential purchasers.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I think you should remain positive as it provides another option as to where you can hang your washing out on a nice day. Or to tie a clothes line to.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Funny enough some neighbours said the radiation from the mast could cause health issues, so I hope they don't put that reason down on their appeal

Funny enough sometimes when you are so close to a mast the signal can be worse rather than better.

Edit: Apologies for me keep saying 'funny enough.'
Funny enough I noticed that you kept saying "funny enough" and I though to myself that boy's use of language is funny. Enough of that though!
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Funny enough I noticed that you kept saying "funny enough" and I though to myself that boy's use of language is funny. Enough of that though!
Funny enough, I don’t know why it’s funny. Enough 😂
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Mobile

Dig a pond on the patch and put great crested newts in it!
Old 5 Aug 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Should it not be funnily enough?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

They were going to put a tower at the end of my mums road a few years ago and they protested and stopped it.

Now my mum has a proper mobile phone now and complains about the bad signal

So I remind her of why
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
They were going to put a tower at the end of my mums road a few years ago and they protested and stopped it.

Now my mum has a proper mobile phone now and complains about the bad signal

So I remind her of why
I use wifi calling at home so I always have a good mobile signal indoors and in my mancave so I won't need a 59' mast outside my house, plus my mobile signal is fine inside my mum's👍
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

They were going to put in a massive 5G tower on the roof of our apartment block (big building, 23 floors in London with hundreds of apartments) and our building manager helped coordinate a mass complaint by the residents by sending letters to the council (she created a complaint template and most of us signed to say we disagreed with the tower) on the grounds that the construction would be intrusive (it was going to be months of noise & disruption - think it was meant to be one of the main 5G towers for the whole of South West London), and mainly that there wasn't enough research yet about potential health implications etc and in the end they gave in and the council have now chosen somewhere else to do it, although last I heard that was also now on hold.

I think if the residents on your mum's street all join together and put in a written complaint signed by everyone they should be able to stop it (or at least delay, until they can get some more info on 5G etc)
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
Bad news is you might get covid from it, but the good news is should get a good signal if you got 5g phone!
But seriously I doubt any appeal would be successful even though it's worth a try.
You might get covid from it? Surely this was a light hearted joke
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List