Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Aug 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I know a few holiday companies are allowing customers to change dates if they are affected by local lockdowns, so I would contact Hoseasons first (maybe try their social media pages?) to see if they are offering anything.

Failing that, contact your travel insurance as they will possibly cover Covid related cancellations, particularly if you booked the cottage before early March.

I think you are being very sensible not to travel if there are restrictions in your area and listening to the advice given. I’m not at all surprised that numbers are not significantly lowering in the UK as so many seem to feel the advice doesn’t apply to them 😔 I hope you manage to rearrange for a suitable time for your family to enjoy a holiday together safely
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
Aaah ok I misread!
I think many of us did as that is how the OP read to me too
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MINI MOUSE
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sorry for the confusion for some . Yes we live in an area of West Yorkshire that had been given extra restrictions and this means not going to our families houses even in gardens ( but we can meet them in a pub or restaurant or park ) . So basically from Wednesday evening we will be breaking the law if we meet up ! We would be illegally getting together if we went on holiday together and in theory Hoseasons would be allowing us to do this if they don’t cancel our holidays as they have details of where we are travelling from but I can’t see Hoseasons cancelling but we still can’t get in touch with them !
Thanks
MINI MOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I would hang fire a little longer before cancelling as there is already talk of the local restrictions being eased
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

It’s so confusing. My parents are in their late 80’s and live in Bradford. I don’t know when we can visit them again safely, yet I could bump into them in a park or garden centre. 🤷🏼
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshie35
Excited about Disney

Living in Anglesey we have seen a rise in cases with people travelling from areas that are supposedly in local lockdowns. We only have 1 hospital to cover most of North Wales and the influx of people is putting a strain on local resources.
I think the OP is being really responsible and think of more people were like this the virus may be contained a little better.
Welshie35 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Why cant you go ? I am sure I would ...
Because the guidelines are still 6 people from 2 households?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

the OP and her family are being sensible and thinking of the lives of themselves and others by not going on holiday.

I am not sure why Hoseasons are not responding but they would be irresponsible of they allowed you to travel - there was a caravan site in Cornwall that cancelled a family from Leicester a few weeks ago.
Old 5 Aug 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by caj View Post
Not if you live in one of the areas covered within the new lockdown rules. I live in East Lancashire. We can no longer meet up with anyone who is not in our household. Two households are no longer allowed to meet whether it is in a house, private garden or any other public place. How long this will stay in force I don’t know. Probably a while because very few people are sticking to the rules especially now this eat out scheme has started. I desperately want to see both my best friend and my niece but will hold off for now.

With the OP the strictness of the rules says no you should not be meeting up with family to share a cottage but it is your decision. I would probably wait and see just in case rules change again.

Edited at 12:02 PM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MINI MOUSE
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Unfortunately now we can’t legally actually stay in the one cottage together . We can’t go in any other family members houses or their gardens but we can still meet our family in the park / restaurant etc as long as no more than 6 ( or just 2 families ) .
Managed to get one reply via fb messenger this morning but I’ve replied and now no response 😩
MINI MOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List