Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Mar 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ked View Post
Kate is also home on a reading week. No advice from Aberystwyth Uni yet, she is very concerned about her summer job at the moment so we are hoping travel won’t stop.
Hope Georgia is doing well x
Oh yes, I do hope Kate can go for her summer job 😔 fingers crossed for her. Yes, Georgia is doing really well and has settled happily in Bristol now. She’s looking forward to moving in with her friends next year as she doesn’t really have much in common with this year’s flatmates.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
Not overly concerned but with Molly going off to placement in a hospital soon I am hopeful they have a good supply of hand wash and anti bac gel for them to use.
My eldest overwashes his hands and I am struggling to get a replacement carex hand wash for him. Off on the hunt again today for that and extra gel.
I guess it’s a worry being in a hospital but then again, possibly they will be extra vigilant due to the patients being in the high risk groups. I’m hoping that we can get more hand wash when go shopping this week too as we are using a lot more at the moment.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Ben was home last week for reading week and coming home this weekend as it’s his bday. I’m not worried at the moment, the uni sent an email informing them that there have been no cases so far and life is to continue as normal and that they will regularly update if anything changes. I think we will just carry on as normal and review things as the days go by. His lectures are currently being disrupted by strikes at the moment rather than the virus!
Georgia had lots of cancelled lectures due to strikes last week too and I think there are more cancelled next week when she returns 😔 There was a case of someone from Bristol having the virus (not the uni, the city) but the university has emailed to say that the person had not been in the city prior to getting the virus, but in a London, so there hasn’t been a confirmed case in the city yet. It does seem that the university is monitoring the situation though

Also edited to add Happy Birthday to Ben, have you any family plans for his birthday or is he celebrating with his friends? Hope he has a great time x

Edited at 03:30 PM.
Old 4 Mar 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Georgia had lots of cancelled lectures due to strikes last week too and I think there are more cancelled next week when she returns 😔 There was a case of someone from Bristol having the virus (not the uni, the city) but the university has emailed to say that the person had not been in the city prior to getting the virus, but in a London, so there hasn’t been a confirmed case in the city yet. It does seem that the university is monitoring the situation though

Also edited to add Happy Birthday to Ben, have you any family plans for his birthday or is he celebrating with his friends? Hope he has a great time x
Thank you - He wanted to spend his actual bday with us so will probably have a takeaway or his favourite meal then I think he is going out with uni friends next week. Best of both worlds I think!
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Thank you - He wanted to spend his actual bday with us so will probably have a takeaway or his favourite meal then I think he is going out with uni friends next week. Best of both worlds I think!
I love the way they tend to have double the birthday celebrations as they get older 😂 Georgia came home and went to the theatre with us and we had a takeaway, then she went back to Bristol and went to the cat cafe with her friends for her 19th birthday.
Old 13 Mar 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Any news of uni’s closing? Georgia has received an email to say Bristol is closing after Wednesday next week for Easter. There won’t be any online classes 😔 However, they are considering the situation and after Easter, there may be online lessons at first until it is considered sensible to resume.

I think it’s sensible considering the problems, but it’s very sad to see their first year disrupted so much. Georgia had quite a few field trips lined up for next week and the week after which would have been really interesting for her but she will miss out on them now sadly. Although I must admit I have worried about how she would manage if she had to self isolate in Bristol so I will be relieved to have her home
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Durham is going online next week but it’s their last week of teaching anyway. Sheffield is going online from Monday also.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Think Portmouth are going online, no more face to face teaching

Shame Josh can’t come home but he has a job that he works every weekend, he is hoping to get a weekend off over Easter so he can come home for a week then

Guess we will have to see what happens after the Easter holidays

🙁
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

O has been online all semester. Though he is currently in Kuala Lumpur with me anxiously reading the HK travel advisories every day to make sure he can get back.

What an awful first year our kids have had at university.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Durham is going online next week but it’s their last week of teaching anyway. Sheffield is going online from Monday also.
I’m annoyed that Bristol isn’t going online for the week and half they are closing for. Georgia was very disappointed as it’s an interesting part of her course now and it will be missed. She has said that some tutors have said they will put theirs online anyway which is good of them but the university itself isn’t providing this.

They have said that they will do so after Easter if necessary but I really hope it’s back to normal by then 😔