Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jigsawlady
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile First timer - confused and would appreciate help

Hi

So we've booked to do Florida 16th-30th October with 1 week at Disney (all star music) & 1 week at Orlando (can't remember the name but another value hotel)

I've started to get concerned about a few things

1. MNSSHP - didn't really realise what this was, assumed the park was just hallowed themed during this time, I've struggled to find a proper answer but think I read that on days where the MNSSHP is on we have to leave the park at 6pm (unless we pay for extra MNSSHP tickets which are about $100 each? )
Does anyone know if this is on everyday? Is it every park or just MK? Will the normal happily ever after fireworks not be on during October? I feel a bit miffed that we've paid for park tickets but will have to leave by 6pm when I was planning some fun evening stuff like fireworks, dinner time meals, etc.

2. Star wars mad daughter so desperate to do all of the star wars rides, is it difficult to fit these all in during the day?

3. Transfers to Orlando hotel - our travel agent said she couldn't sort this out for us so we'll have to take a taxi. Has anyone done this before and got any idea of a rough cost? Like is it $50 or $150?

I'd anyone has any answers or experience with these things your advice would be much appreciated 😃
Jigsawlady is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jigsawlady View Post
Hi

So we've booked to do Florida 16th-30th October with 1 week at Disney (all star music) & 1 week at Orlando (can't remember the name but another value hotel)

I've started to get concerned about a few things

1. MNSSHP - didn't really realise what this was, assumed the park was just hallowed themed during this time, I've struggled to find a proper answer but think I read that on days where the MNSSHP is on we have to leave the park at 6pm (unless we pay for extra MNSSHP tickets which are about $100 each? )
Does anyone know if this is on everyday? Is it every park or just MK? Will the normal happily ever after fireworks not be on during October? I feel a bit miffed that we've paid for park tickets but will have to leave by 6pm when I was planning some fun evening stuff like fireworks, dinner time meals, etc.

2. Star wars mad daughter so desperate to do all of the star wars rides, is it difficult to fit these all in during the day?

3. Transfers to Orlando hotel - our travel agent said she couldn't sort this out for us so we'll have to take a taxi. Has anyone done this before and got any idea of a rough cost? Like is it $50 or $150?

I'd anyone has any answers or experience with these things your advice would be much appreciated 😃
Hi, First of all, welcome to The Dibb.

1. With MNSSHP usually, there are only 3 or 4 per week during October. MK is still decorated for Halloween from August to November so you will be able to see the decorations. The regular showings of Happily Ever After will show on non-party nights.

2. At the minute it will be difficult to judge how Rise of the Resistance will be operating in October. It might be available on FP+ by then just as Millennium Falcon and Star Tours are from next month. I think by then you should be able to do them all in one day but I would recommend getting to the park for opening for your best chance.

3. I'd recommend using Uber to get to your offsite hotel. If you go to their website there is a calculator that will estimate the cost. All you need is the address of your hotel.

I hope this helps.

If you wanted to know more about MNSSHP we do cover this in one of our earlier podcasts of The Great British Mickey Waffle.

Edited at 05:14 PM.
akhurstf1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jigsawlady
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Thanks for the reply. - would you recommend buying the extra tickets then for MNSSHP? If so, do you know if you can buy on the day or if it's likely to be advanced only? Hadn't really factored in the cost but worried if we're there and my little girl sees the Halloween stuff on the day she'll be desperate to stay.

Thanks again. I'll definitely check the podcast out
Jigsawlady is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Don’t worry about the party nights. We’ve been twice in October and have never bought party tickets. The parks can actually be relatively quiet in the morning on a party day so you can get a lot done. There are other opportunities to see HEA.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

How old is your daughter? To be honest mine would have struggled to stay up late enough to get value for the extra tickets. Don’t forget that 6pm in Florida is 11pm here - and that’s the start of the party.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Welcome to the dibb

The party night at MK will not be every night, so I am sure you will be able to fit in your later nights. Halloween decorations will be all over Disney.

I use Mears transport from MCO. It was the cheapest option for me, easy and reliable. Of course Uber may be cheaper depending on numbers. Go onto Mears website to get fare estimate for both shared shuttle and private ( I used shared). If you decide to use Mears Google for discount codes, I got 20% off fare one time and 10% another.

Happy planning.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

If you are staying in a Disney hotel and flying into MCO you can use the Magical express
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

You don’t need to do MNSSHP, we did it in 2018 and loved it but for a first trip and with very young children, it’s an extra expense and may be tiring. There will be plenty to see and do without paying the extra. It’s only in MK and it’s around 3-4 nights a week, so other nights you can see Happily Ever After. The nights MK closes early for MNSSHP you can still visit the other parks.

Uber or Lyft from Disney to International Drive costs around $15 one way, it may vary a little at peak time or depending on where you are going but it’s not very expensive and it’s very easy to use
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Hiya, welcome to The Dibb

If you’re doing rope drop at the MK park, you will probably find you’ve had enough by 6pm anyway, I don’t think your daughter will notice there’s a party. Keep an eye on the opening hours on the tab above and you can plan accordingly.

If you’re doing SeaWorld, they celebrate Halloween everyday and theirs is just part of the normal entrance ticket.

Regarding your comment about MNSSHP, we did it when my kids were 4 and 8 and they loved it, we all dressed up, got lots of candy and because there’s no fast pass the queues were manageable, it was also a chance to meet more unusual characters. We loved the parade and fireworks as they’re different, but I have seen recent posts which say the park is packed and it’s not as much fun.
Old 26 Jan 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi. If you’re staying at Disney at the beginning or end of your trip you should be able to use Disney’s Magical Express (DME). This is a free Disney bus that takes resort guests to and from the airport. You won’t be able to use it both ways with an off-site hotel at one end of your trip. Alternatively you can use a TownCar service (eg Tiffany Towncar); most expensive option. Or use Uber or Lyft or a normal taxi. I think you can book DME on your MDE account.