Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Retired nurses

Are there any retired nurses on here that are going to join the temporary register? I got the email today but I don't want to because it is almost three years since I worked as a nurse. I certainly don't feel confident enough to go back.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I certainly won’t be 8 years since I worked and I’ve Lupus and fibro
So not an option
Any going back well done but I need a cast iron agreement about liability etc / effect on pension etc
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I’m not retired (111) so haven’t had the email but there is absolutely no way I’d want to go back to work on the wards in any capacity... it must be nearly 20 years since I actually worked on a hospital ward and that was as a midwife, so way out of practice and I wouldn’t be up to it physically...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It's been more than 3 years for me but I wouldn't want to either
Old 21 Mar 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I wonder how many will actually come out of retirement. Those of you that have been retired for more than 3 years have you also been asked back?
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
I wonder how many will actually come out of retirement. Those of you that have been retired for more than 3 years have you also been asked back?
I had a private email from my trust this morning as they knew I was in the U.K. and I retired 6 years ago.

I cannot go now but, if this takes off as in a Italy then my years as a clinical manager could be usefully used not s much in a clinical role but in a management role. But I’m a long way off making that decision
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Mobile

We were talking about this at work. How will lapsed registration for both nurses and doctors work?
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
We were talking about this at work. How will lapsed registration for both nurses and doctors work?
england.nhs.uk/coronavir...ng-clinicians/

This is why they are only contacting those who have left within the past three years

As we are responding to an emergency, you will not be asked to meet the same requirements as if you were re-joining the register in a non-emergency situation. All registration requirements have been waived if you are joining the COVID-19 temporary register under the emergency registration legislation.

That means you won’t need to have practised for a minimum number of hours in the last three years and you won’t need to pay a registration fee.

FAQs here

england.nhs.uk/coronavir...r-with-the-nmc

Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I'm a physio and we are contacting any staff at all that we know whom have retired or left - we need all hands on deck! Some of these people have had their registration lapse, but we will use them as "assistants" or in other patient care areas. The registration papers may have expired, but the valuable knowledge doesn't!
If you can offer any help at all, in any capacity (even just making tea for staff who are exhausted in the central staff rest areas in hospitals), please do - it's really appreciated.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
In Ireland the call has gone out from our health service and over 40,000 people have responded. They will be interviewing 6,000 people next week. This includes retired staff, those who have left the health service to pursue alternative careers etc. They hope to double our nursing capacity in the coming weeks.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List