Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Mar 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Toyko - May people

Those that have Tokyo Disney booked for May, how do we feel now about things?

I guess i'm still resigned to not going and waiting for a refund, but it does look like things are starting to open up again there?

What I think will happen is even if they are recovering by then, we'll be on our way to our peak and barred from most countries?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to let you know how things are over there boss is stuck in Tokyo (though happy to be so as here in France we are already on day 6 of lockdown)

He say life is going on as normal - There are less people around and on trains etc but life is continuing. So far they seem to have a good grip on it.

It would not surprise me if they don’t stop visitors though. Hong Kong has imposed a 14 day quarantine on everybody entering the country and I think that is the right thing to do as the infections are due to people coming from elsewhere rather than local ones.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I think Japan has a 14 day isolation rule for uk visitors at present too. I could be wrong though.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Sadly I think I’m starting slowly to accept we are not going. I cancelled all our hotels on Friday night. Had a good cry BA have said we can have a voucher for the flights but I’m reluctant to take it just in case they go under, which I know is selfish but I would lose nearly £1500.

So for now I’m keeping hold of our flights (just in case!) but I honestly don’t think Japan would let us in, or they would require the 14 day self isolation, which obviously we can’t do.

To be honest though even If we could go I don’t think I could leave my family right now in the middle of all this, if something happened to one of them and I was a thousand miles away, I’d never forgive myself, it just doesn’t seem right.

Such a sad situation isn’t it.

Keep us updated and what you decide to do xx
Old 22 Mar 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

I think you are right about the 2 week quarantine. Might well still be in place then.

As it stands, nothing i've booked is currently refundable. Also not wanting the BA voucher which could ultimately be useless, not to mention the fact that insurance doesn't cover rebooked travel.

Will have to wait closer to the time for options.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We were due to go in April, so our flight is already cancelled. BA are only offering a voucher online and when we called they said that they won’t refund until 72 hours before the flight was due to leave 😡
Jaybeez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TeFiti
Trying for More Ears

We're still waiting and seeing, I think if anything it will be the situation over here that will force our hand, rather than over there.
TeFiti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
shabba
Apprentice Imagineer

shabba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We were due to go on the 3rd May. I've booked through Expedia, so managed to cancel all but one Hotel who will refund me once I can speak to Expedia.
My flights are more difficult, JAL Man to Haneda via Helsinki & it's still flying. I don't want a voucher I want my money back. Over £3200.

Expedia are a nightmare to contact at the minute.

Tickets etc via Klook & they're being difficult also. Keep asking me for proof that my flight is cancelled, which it isn't. But FCO says we can't go. They just keep repeating themselves.
shabba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shabba View Post
We were due to go on the 3rd May. I've booked through Expedia, so managed to cancel all but one Hotel who will refund me once I can speak to Expedia.
My flights are more difficult, JAL Man to Haneda via Helsinki & it's still flying. I don't want a voucher I want my money back. Over £3200.

Expedia are a nightmare to contact at the minute.

Tickets etc via Klook & they're being difficult also. Keep asking me for proof that my flight is cancelled, which it isn't. But FCO says we can't go. They just keep repeating themselves.
Have you tried the JAL website? See what their terms are. I booked through Expedia but can get the voucher issued via the BA site.

Just a shame I don't want the voucher!

If my BA flights are cancelled I should be able to get refunded via BA.
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

I’m due to fly 22nd May with ANA from Manchester via Brussels to Narita.
Right now flights are cancelled to 28th April so I just have to wait and see if the cancellations will be extended after that - will get a full refund (according to website) if they are.
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List