Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Oct 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Pesky pescetarians!

So, for health reasons, I've recently started following a pescetarian diet (fish, vegetables, diary products and eggs). While it's not that hard to follow at home, I have started thinking about meals in Orlando. It's been a few years since my last visit and, aside from Red Lobster ( ) I can't think of many places to eat. Does anyone have any recommendations? To make matters harder, I don't like salmon or shellfish (the latter because I hate having to fight through shells to get to the actual fish).
Old 29 Oct 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Hubby and I are too, we do love salmon though and shrimp etc.
We never have any trouble to be honest. Bahama breeze , also fords garage this year has lovely fish and salmon etc. As said sweet Tomatoes is always a good choice .

Pasta is available at most places too.
Old 29 Oct 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by laurad107 View Post
Sweet Tomatoes. Bahama Breeze. I mostly avoid meat these days too. Where about safe you staying? We really love this little greek takeaway that’s near our villa.
We're staying at Staybridge Suites Orlando at SeaWorld but have a hire car and I'm not averse to driving to a decent restaurant (I can always have a drink in the hotel bar if I fancy one after the meal).
Old 29 Oct 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Bonefish Grill is great, although I do eat lots of lobster when I go to Florida. Shell or not! Red Lobster for the biscuits alone! Yummy!
Old 29 Oct 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

This is my dd's nearly vegetarian diet. She does eat prawns, but we didn't have any with shells on.

She ate: Impossible burger at Hard Rock café,
Millers Ale House, breaded coconut shrimp, pasta with peeled shrimp, but im sure there are veggie non fish pasta there too,
Chinese take away and pizza,
Golden Corral buffet where she could pick herself. No meat substitutes, but pasta, pizza, and more peeled shrimps in breadcrumbs and not.

Have a good hols
DFussy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Cowfish on City Walk was fab 👍
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
DH loves fish like Sea Bass, Mahi Mahi etc and he alternates between fish and steak when we're on hol - most TS restaurants onsite have good fish choice/s. He also had a great Mahi Mahi dish at Celebration Town Tavern last month.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks for all the great suggestions
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Also due to health I’m almost vegan, I will eat a little fish if no other options, don’t mind eggs, but dairy and meat are out. Also need to avoid sugar and gluten, that’s much more difficult to navigate. In my experience, I found that some dishes can be adapted, I also looked on various sites and made notes of where and what I could eat in Disney world. Now however they have started adding plant based dishes at both quick service and table service restaurants in Disney, I expect next June, it will be easier than ever for me.
Although Salmon is at most restaurants, I’m sure I have seen/had other fish as well.
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I've been a pescartarian for years and many WDW trips. I have also travelled to many other places and not had an issue eating good, healthy meals, although salmon has long been a staple in my diet. Isthere a reason you don't like salmon? It can be prepared many ways and with different marinades and sauces. If you are concerned about health, Salmon is a great option.

I have found just about every restaurant, even diners have seafood options. Scallops and shrimp are often on menus and usually a fish dish or two.

Now, even Burger King has an impossible burger and both BK and McDonald's have long offered fish sandwiches (as does Wendy's I think).

I really think you are over concerned. Other than 5 Guys, I can find a satisfactory meal anywhere.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List