Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jul 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have a tortoiseshell the same at that one

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Sending pixie dust too

Backstory : it was last april, in our house in France. Under strict stay at home orders due to that virus.
So we made some home improvements.

I will always remember my wife's face and voice when she pulled a small cardboard box and went, almost crying "there are baby kittens here" ...
we placed a video camera, and after it was clear the mother would not be back ... and after seeking advice from a veterinary who came by and confirmed they were not sufficiently fed by the mother, we decided we'd give them shelter, and they became part of our family

They were 1 month old at that time ... way too young ... so we became their mother, DW, DS and I

They're now 3 months and a half. 3 little guys, and one lady. Healthy and growing up fast. They have received their vaccines, and will be sterilized at the end of the summer
They weighed from 220 to 290 grams when we found them, now the big guy is over 2.2kg, and the lady is 1.6kg

so, lots of pixie dust from Riley, Rasta, Rocket and Raven
they're pure breed alley cats

As we found them, in an old box

at 1.5 months

2 months

3 months

chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
Sending pixie dust too

Backstory : it was last april, in our house in France. Under strict stay at home orders due to that virus.

I will always remember my wife's face and voice when she pulled a small cardboard box and went, almost crying "there are baby kittens here" ...
we placed a video camera, and after it was clear the mother would not be back ... and after seeking advice from a veterinary who came by and confirmed they were not sufficiently fed by the mother, we decided we'd give them shelter, and they became part of our family

They were 1 month old at that time ... way too young ... so we became their mother, DW, DS and I

They're now 3 months and a half. 3 little guys, and one lady. Healthy and growing up fast. They have received their vaccines, and will be sterilized at the end of the summer
They weighed from 220 to 290 grams when we found them, now the big guy is over 2.2kg, and the lady is 1.6kg

at 1.5 months

2 months

3 months

Thank you for taking them in and giving them lots of love. What a story and I am so happy that it has a good ending.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
Their both apparently full of curiosity and mischief and they both have experience of dogs and get on with them. All my fingers and toes are crossed lol.
Everything crossed over here as well.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
OP best of luck and good on you for wanting to rehome a rescue cat. All 4 of ours are rescues and each has a story to tell. Once you get the go ahead I'm sure that in no time it will be like you’ve never been without your new furry friend! Remember the best cat you can buy your cat it another cat 😉 😆! Not all of ours get along all of the time, but at least it gives them a hobby, and its never dull. Give your newbie plenty of patience and space on arrival until their confidence builds. There are some great cat toys that you can buy to help build your relationship with your new cat. Best of luck, exciting times ahead.
Thanks, I want two but I think start with one and I can always get another later in the year or next year.

I’m so looking forward to buying toys. I have those flopping fish, my doggy thought they were quite interesting too. So I’ve one for him and I’m keeping one for the cat. I’Ve been researching cat trees today, not ordering one till I have conformation but I know which one I’m buying.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
Sending pixie dust too

at 1.5 months

2 months

3 months

Awwww they are gorgeous, well done you for looking after them and giving them a home.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

fingers and paws crossed you will hear something soon
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

Sending pixie dust and fingers crossed. They are both beautiful. Good on you for going for a rescue. Playing with them and interaction is the best thing for bonding but I'm sure the rescue will give you plenty of tips. Dogs and cats can make such good friends. I have two cats and one day. The dog just adores the cats. Not sure they think the same but they keep him right.
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Aw get both they'd be company for each other!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

Well done for going to a rescue and for wanting an older cat -everyone tends to want kittens so they get overlooked!
As for the cat tree - you might find the cat prefers the box! I have 2 cat trees for my 5 cats (all rescues - one from Fuerteventura) and they are totally ignored! An Amazon box on the other hand... heaven!
Good luck - they bring hours of joy and you will find they are all you talk about. Find another cat owner and you will make a new friend for life!
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List