Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 Jan 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Sorry OP can you give more detail- what is blackout and how do you buy? Can you keep it and activate it in say a year or two? I’ve had a quick look and can’t see it.

Edited at 09:33 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Sorry OP can you give more detail- what is blackout and how do you buy? Can you keep it and activate it in say a year or two? I’ve had a quick look and can’t see it.
It seems the same as when I bought them last May, there's no 'activation by' date specified when you click on more details.

universalorlando/web...&parks=2&flr=1

The blackout dates for 2021 are listed when you click on 'compare passes' and scroll down.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
It seems the same as when I bought them last May, there's no 'activation by' date specified when you click on more details.

universalorlando/web...&parks=2&flr=1

The blackout dates for 2021 are listed when you click on 'compare passes' and scroll down.
Cheers
Old 30 Jan 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
They had the same offer on in September, I purchased the passes without blackout dates as we’re there over Christmas.

I have an email from customer services saying there is no time limit to activate and they are good forever.

If your parking it may be worth buying one of the passes with free parking, you only need one.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Hoping we can activate ours this summer and then use again next October for HHN.

If it goes to plan we’ll renew while we’re there to use the following summer.

Anybody know if the discount to renew applies to all levels of pass? And if they’re doing the extra months offer for new passes does that also apply to renewals?
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

We are also interested in buying these but want the three park annual pass as we love a waterpark. Volcano bay is due to open march 1st and this offer runs to march 31st so im going to wait and see if they start offering these once its back open. Im not sure if our aug trip will go ahead but if it doesn't we will push it to feb or august 2022. Staying at cabana bay for our entire trip so an ap seems to make sence.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Im not sure if our aug trip will go ahead but if it doesn't we will push it to feb or august 2022. Staying at cabana bay for our entire trip so an ap seems to make sence.
If you're going last 2 weeks of August, then you're good with AP
but, for the last few years, VB was restricted before 4pm for APs (except for Premier AP) until after Aug 15th
even though this restriction was lifted a few weeks out, you're still opting for an AP that's restricted when you buy it
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

Was tempted to purchase these but wanted to check with Universal with regards to activation date and I received the following reply from Ethan at guest services:

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando Resort.

Our current 2021 Annual Pass Offer ​of “3 Months Free on Any 2-Park Pass”​ must be purchased and activated at our turnstiles by March 31, 2021. I truly apologize for any disappointment this may cause. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email or contact my office, toll-free* for our International Guests, at (877) 589-4783, option 5.

Have emailed back and suggested that they update the information on their website if that is the case as its very ambiguous / misleading.

Would be interested to know if anyone else gets different info about activation date.
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hmr89 View Post
Was tempted to purchase these but wanted to check with Universal with regards to activation date and I received the following reply from Ethan at guest services:

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando Resort.

Our current 2021 Annual Pass Offer ​of “3 Months Free on Any 2-Park Pass”​ must be purchased and activated at our turnstiles by March 31, 2021. I truly apologize for any disappointment this may cause. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email or contact my office, toll-free* for our International Guests, at (877) 589-4783, option 5.

Have emailed back and suggested that they update the information on their website if that is the case as its very ambiguous / misleading.

Would be interested to know if anyone else gets different info about activation date.
There were a few that contacted them last year and got confirmation that there is no activation date. If you search I’m sure you’ll find the threads.

ETA found it - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... l+pass&page=2

Edited at 06:26 PM.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Lot of money to spend when there are no firm and clear terms and conditions.

Just to add that I would be tempted to buy these if they have no activation date, but relying on an email seems a dangerous game.

Edited at 10:35 AM.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List