Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Feb 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Something weird going on !

I have been watching car hire prices since December. They always seem to go up at weekends and drop back on a mon/tues. Last year we were paying £786 for a 12 seater van for 18 nts in October. This year for 18 nts in October the price has fluctuated between £900 and £1200 except with Alamo where it has been closer to £2000.
This morning I noticed Auto Europe has a sale on and I manage to book the 12 seater for £854. I had a check a few hours later and even in the sale it has gone up to £1956 ! How can something go up £1100 in a matter of hours ! Needless to say i won't be contacting them for them to alter it ! Had a look on other sites and the prices have shot up across the board. I can't believe it, I have never seen them this high before. It's ridiculous. What is going on? Surely they must be pricing themselves out and cheaper to Uber.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

The prices this year are ridiculous. We are due to go in October and the price they are currently asking could have got us FOUR SUVS for the same price in 2019.
I know they have to make up lost revenue but this is no way to do it. As the OP has stated it will just push people towards Uber
Old 26 Feb 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I couldn’t believe the prices when I was looking yesterday.

Am now thinking it’ll be cheaper and easier to hire for a couple of days at the start then ditch the car and use Uber before getting another car for the end of the trip.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Drop me an email and I'll check the offline rates... They're not quite as painful as the current online prices - andy@discountfloridacarhire.co.uk

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

Definitely weird and wondering if the prices are tied in with the market. I have never been a user of uber but for the first time may consider once plans are much assured. Cannot justify paying over £800 more than usual.
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
£1200 for a 15 seat minivan for 18 nights with Virgin. That’s the standalone car hire which includes everything not the dodgy one get with the Flydrive.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
£1200 for a 15 seat minivan for 18 nights with Virgin. That’s the standalone car hire which includes everything not the dodgy one get with the Flydrive.
Just done a dummy booking and it's £1382 for my dates. Going to stay with Auto Europe as got a good price in sale before the prices went bonkers. But thanks.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I couldn’t believe the prices when I was looking yesterday.

Am now thinking it’ll be cheaper and easier to hire for a couple of days at the start then ditch the car and use Uber before getting another car for the end of the trip.
That is what I am doing twice in a three week holiday.
Magical express from airport and just grab a car for 4 days when I go down to Busch and then for the last 3 days and to go home from the airport.
Works out much cheaper as staying on site.
Old 27 Feb 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Loobylou, I’m kicking myself as I saw the van prices earlier in the week and was trying to decide whether to book one for our (hopefully) family trip in August. I missed the boat and the prices now for 24 days are around £1500 whereas it was only about £950 when I looked.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I rang them yesterday to get a quote for our dates as no matter what I inputted, it would not bring up Orlando International Airport as the pick up/drop off. I tried everything possible-airport code, Orlando International airport etc but all it would bring up was off-airport hotel locations. Am I missing something, as I’d like to be able to keep a check on prices.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List