Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 9 Mar 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I don’t believe they want to destroy the monarchy.
I think we will have to disagree on that one

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
My conclusion;

We live in a time where you are told who you can and can't believe anymore. It’s all around us... look at posts on this thread!
No different to any other time although our sources may be different, people have always needed to work out their own truth.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I loved the bit where Meghan said she watched "the little mermaid and said she felt like Ariel when she lost her voice ...God i miss Disney!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
Doesn't mean he won't do a good job.
90% of the job is driven by being liked, respected and ultimately popular...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
My conclusion;

We live in a time where you are told who you can and can't believe anymore. It’s all around us... look at posts on this thread!
Including your own contributions ?
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post

I really had some sympathy for Harry. How could anyone not, who’d watched a 12 year old walking behind his mother’s coffin? When he met Meghan it seemed he was going to have some lasting happiness.

Now all of this where it seems Meghan couldn’t cope with Royal life and felt attacked and unsupported. And racism but won’t name names.

But it apparently wasn’t enough for them just to lead the private lives they’ve insisted they wanted.
They didn’t want to be a part of “The Firm” any more, stepped away from royal duties, don’t seem to be planning to come back, but still want to be the Duke and Duchess of Sussex? And to get house renovations, security etc paid by the UK taxpayer.

I’m fairly sure Oprah and the rest will pay to hear what they have to say about the Royals until it’s no longer a novelty.

I’m saddened by the idea that the UK has been portrayed as a nation of racists from the top down.

Edited at 02:42 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
No different to any other time although our sources may be different, people have always needed to work out their own truth.
Sources.

Prince Charles 'did NOT cut off Harry', royal insider says ...

dailymail/news/art...ider-says.html

Edited at 07:26 AM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I wonder if they will live to regret ever doing the interview?
Every family has its issues but tends to deal with them privately rather than air in public. I hope they realise that this will probably have caused irreversible damage to relationships and I dearly hope they won’t live to regret it. As they say, there are always 3 sides to every story...side A, side B and the truth. They both know that we will never get to hear side B.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I wonder if they will live to regret ever doing the interview?
Every family has its issues but tends to deal with them privately rather than air in public. I hope they realise that this will probably have caused irreversible damage to relationships and I dearly hope they won’t live to regret it. As they say, there are always 3 sides to every story...side A, side B and the truth. They both know that we will never get to hear side B.
Meghan has been attacked so much I think they felt they had to defend themselves and repair their image. At least in the eyes of the USA public. It seems to have achieved that. It also seems that the majority of young Brits believe them and think they where right. Which stands them well for the future.

The future is all good and well but they have here and now to worry about. And right now they need to relaunch themselves and bring in the $$$ to pay for their security etc.
Old 10 Mar 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Have to say the whole issue of security for Archie and them feeling unsafe confuses me when they seem willing to release footage of him. They can choose not to do that which in my opinion would keep him much safer surely?
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List