Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Dec 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
Great report. You've visited lot of our favourite places.
Merry Christmas!
Thank you for reading, there really is a lot of great off-site restaurants and we have had a ball visiting them!

Merry Christmas
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
You can park across the way from Hash House but it really annoyed me as the valet parking was empty! There are lots of other lovely places to eat.

So when we went to market street, we just found some on street parking on Celebration Blvd and walked into the town (less than 5 mins). Then for Jeater Bend, we parked at Old Blush Road (2 streets away) and walked back. The main roads were busy but the side streets were much easier to park on. It was well worth the visit and there were lots of other streets where the houses were beautifully decorated. I’m really pleased we made the effort to visit. Merry Christmas! Xx
Thank you and Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great day 🥳
Old 25 Dec 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
Thank you and Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great day 🥳
You are so very welcome! Merry Christmas to you too and I hope you enjoy the lights
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Room Brunch, house of Blues Lunch

So it was a later start this morning, the boys dragged themselves out of bed at 9am when I was little a Christmas morning sleep in was 5am I had picked up some fruit, cheese and donuts from Super Target so we could have Champagne and nibbles as we weren’t having lunch til 2pm. It was all lovely and fresh and super simple!

We gave ourselves plenty of time to get to Disney Springs and we had loads of time before our reservation so popped to Jock Linsay’s Hangar Bar. It was great sitting out in the ‘boat’ area, watching all the amphibious cars go out on the water. We ordered 3 Christmas Margaritas (so good!) 1 Bams Barnstormer (Adam said this was ace) and 1 soda. The bill came to $60 before tip.

So once we polished these off we made our way to House of Blues. As we had made a reservation we were seated immediately, our server was great but run off her feet so our food took a while to arrive. Drinks were ordered, 1 x beer, 2 x water, 1 x glass prosecco, 1 x soda. We were really boring today as both my parents and myself ordered shrimp tacos with a side of Mexican corn, Cooper had the Fried Chicken meal and Adam had the Shrimp and Grits. All the food was delicious and the tacos were super filling. Surprisingly Cooper finished his whole meal The bill came to $140 before tip. Not our cheapest meal but we all enjoyed ourselves.

We paid the bill and headed to Amorette’s to pick up dessert (we really enjoyed the bauble dessert we had last week). The queue here was huge! So we did the Disney thing and waited patiently :pgig We ordered the Christmas Bauble, Mickey Christmas Head and Macaron Bell. It was all great but the Bauble is still my favourite. Cost for these was approximately $24 and we shared them between the 5 of us as they are quite rich.

On our way out I stopped at the Candy Cauldron (I’m not sure if that is the actual name? ) and purchased a Minnie caramel apple. I asked them to cut it for me so I could share it with everyone when we got back to the hotel. They were happy to do this and they asked how many slices I wanted. This place was crazy and the lady in front of my was trying to use up snack credits and was really struggling to understand what was allowed. I felt awful for her as pretty much everything she had on the counter wasn’t a snack credit I gave them a million pounds ($12) and left with my Apple.

I had wanted to stay at DS a bit longer but was outvoted for some pool time. We have been so lucky with beautiful blue skies and warmer weather today so it seemed a shame to not make the most of it. Merry Christmas and thank you for reading

Edited at 12:49 AM.
Old 26 Dec 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Denny’s Dinner

So after a good swim in the pool we decided to pop out for a bite to eat (we had lots of snacks in the room but it just wasn’t what we fancied). Miller’s was open but had a 1hr + wait time, same for TGI Friday’s and Hooters. Senior Frogs had space but Adam said it was his least favourite meal of the trip, so that was a no. Dominos take away was heaving and none of us felt like pizza (this was the equivalent of opening the fridge and cupboard at home and deciding there is nothing to eat ) We made it to Denny’s and were seated immediately! After going through the menu Adam and I both settled on the Turkey dinner and Cooper opted for the boneless buffalo wings. We had 1 soda and 2 waters to drink. Considering how busy the restaurant was our food came out quite quickly and holy moly is was awesome! Cooper preferred the turkey dinner over the wings so we shared (so I ate all the broccoli and some of the mash and he ate the rest )

I have only ever had breakfast at Denny’s so dinner was a lovely surprise- it was also super cheap at $34 before tip. The service was great too! I also ate some of my Minnie Apple back in the hotel room and it was fresh and tasty. Christmas Day was lovely and it was amazing to spend it altogether. Thanks for reading
Old 26 Dec 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great report. All of the so-called breakfast restaurants do serve a decent evening meal. The turkey dinner is my favourite. Perkins is also a evening favourite for their sweet pies.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
Great report. All of the so-called breakfast restaurants do serve a decent evening meal. The turkey dinner is my favourite. Perkins is also a evening favourite for their sweet pies.
It’s funny isn’t it, we have eaten at Perkins for dinner but only ever had Breakfast at IHOP and Denny’s. I would have no hesitation in recommending Denny’s for dinner now that we have been and I would happily go again! The pies at Perkins and Village Inn are amazing (and I am not even a dessert person). Thank you for reading and also for commenting.
Old 26 Dec 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Merry Christmas.
Great food report - seems like you’ve had a great time. I’d love to go back over Christmas.
Blaze pizza looked really good as did house of blues - can’t believe we’ve never eaten at either.
Have fun.
Old 26 Dec 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Merry Christmas.
Great food report - seems like you’ve had a great time. I’d love to go back over Christmas.
Blaze pizza looked really good as did house of blues - can’t believe we’ve never eaten at either.
Have fun.
Merry Christmas and thank you We have had a ball, it’s great re-visiting old favourites and also trying new places. We loved blaze and I would have to say it is the best pizza I have had outside Italy! The base was delicious and they are really generous with the toppings, very good value too. HOB also has a beer garden with live music which we really enjoy, it’s also not in the middle of the madness at DS. Thank you for reading and commenting

Edited at 05:20 PM.
Old 27 Dec 19, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Room Breakfast, Wendy’s Lunch, Red Lobster Dinner

It was a quick breakfast of cereal and fruit before heading off to Aquatica. This was our first visit and we really enjoyed ourselves. The weather was beautiful, warm and sunny and we got there just prior to the park opening. This meant we were able to snag lilo’s at the edge of the wave pool. Only one pool was open as the other one didn’t have a working heater. By 1pm the boys were satisfied they had ridden all the rides that they had wanted to so we made our way to Wendy’s for a quick bite to eat.

Wendy’s
This was our first visit to Wendy’s. I think that sometimes the location impacts on the experience. The staff were a little indifferent (even Cooper noticed and said he far preferred Culver’s) and it was only after ordering that I realised how mucky it all was. So between us we had a Homestyle Chicken Buger meal for Cooper (he said Chick Fil a is still the best chicken burger), Mum had the small Southwest chicken salad, I had the awesome burger (bacon cheese and salad), my Dad had a single burger meal and Adam had the double burger meal. All the sodas are from a coke freestyle machine and you can refill as often as you like. It was just ok, not terrible but also not the best and the cost was $36.

We had some pool time back at the hotel before heading out to Super Target to pick up some essentials.

Red Lobster Dinner
After our very average lunch I had everything crossed for a great dinner. We were given a 5 minute wait whilst they cleaned a booth for us. We ordered 2 glasses of sav blanc, 2 sodas and 1 beer, these were brought out swiftly along with our delicious cheddar biscuits. Now we completely over ordered Adam got a cup of clam chowder, my Dad ordered a bowl of lobster bisque and Mum and I shared the shrimp potstickers. Two bowls of lobster bisque arrived, so they told us to keep them both and they then brought out a bowl of clam chowder goodness me, we really tried to eat as much bisque as we could but it is so rich and filling! Then out came the mains, fish and chips for Cooper, Steak and Scallops with mash and broccoli for Adam, Dragon Shrimp for Mum, buttered Lobster Bake and Shrimp Scampi for my dad and Jumbo Coconut Shrimp and garlic shrimp scampi with broccoli for me. The only person to finish their meal was Adam, everyone else failed miserably it was all super delicious but we should not have had appetisers- it was just too much food. We had a great night and the staff were fantastic and the bill came to $142 before tip.

Next time we visit we will absolutely not eat for the whole day beforehand or order starters and then we might have a chance of finishing our meals! Thanks for reading!