Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Feb 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

GCSE exams and flights

Has anyone ever gone just after GCSE exams before the rest of the uK breaks up? Do the exams usually finish in June so that you could potentially fly out at the beginning of July for some hopefully lower prices?

Edited at 04:48 PM.
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Brave5 View Post
Has anyone ever gone just after GCSE exams before the rest of the uK breaks up? Do the exams usually finish in June so that you could potentially fly out at the beginning of July for some hopefully lower prices?
Yes... but...

DD17 had prom at the start of July, heaven help us if we missed that, and she also had a 6th form induction week first week in July. DD19 had the A level Art moderator come at the end of June and they had to set up an art "exhibition" for that.

So would check that nothing like that would come up first. None were mandatory, but they would have felt bad to miss them.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

DD has her GCSE's next year. We are planning on trying to get away before schools break up but her school always has prom late so we probably won't be able to go till about the 10th/11th. I believe there is now also a national contingency day towards the end of june that everyone has to be available on and you may need to be available for college taster days.
Old 10 Feb 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

Uggg I completely forgot about prom and now that I think about it I'm sure my oldest had something else on... guess we are back to going mid-August.
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Last year we had to pick up our son from his prom to go to the airport, this was roughly midnight. Took us three and a half hours because two sections of the M25 were closed for roadworks - normally takes about an hour
Rob
Lisbon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

DD has GCSEs this year and luckily prom is on the 25th June so we have booked to go 1st July. Was a bit cheaper but not by much 🙄

The Caffreys do Disney...Again !
The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Brave5 View Post
Uggg I completely forgot about prom and now that I think about it I'm sure my oldest had something else on... guess we are back to going mid-August.
Don't forget they might want/need to be back for GCSE results.
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Ds1 finished his exams around 14th June but he had a compulsory induction day at sixth form on the second week in July as his sixth form breaks up 2 weeks before the schools so they are empty of students. He didn't care about prom though.

They usually need to be there to collect their results as he had to show his exam results to the sixth form who were stationed at the back of the school hall to confirm his place. His friend didn't get a high enough grade in one exam so had to change his A level choice on that day.

Are you looking at 2021? If so, look at the requirements for this year for sixth form/induction days/prom to get an idea of whether you can fit it in.

We did go to Florida after his exams but his younger brother was in school so we had to wait for him to finish.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Exam dates are sorted well over a year in advance. This years summer exams were sorted sometime in feb 2019 I think. Just have a google for gcse exam dates.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Scottish schools break up last week of June!