Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Jul 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Great to have a new food report. A shame about the Thomas cook situation at the start of your trip. That must have been very stressful, but at least you still got to travel.

The club lounge at HRH looked great. As did the pizza from Dominoes. I'm looking forward to the rest of your updates. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
I had the orange creamsicle doughnut at voodoo too,loved it!.Cant wait to visit again
It's amazing isn't it, I was surprised how nice it was
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I'm going to try Three Broomsticks in January maybe, I like the look of that chicken/rib platter. The pizzas look good too - well all the bits without pineapple anyway
Three broomsticks is a great setting, felt like I was in the movie ha! Pineapple makes a pizza
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Great to have a new food report. A shame about the Thomas cook situation at the start of your trip. That must have been very stressful, but at least you still got to travel.

The club lounge at HRH looked great. As did the pizza from Dominoes. I'm looking forward to the rest of your updates. Thanks for sharing this with us.
It was stressful but felt so lucky and happy once it was all sorted Club lounge at HRH is fab. Thanks for reading.
Old 18 Jul 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 5 28th September

Today we decided to have a shopping day, the kids love it and had certain items they wanted to get including trainers from Mall at Millenia. At lunch time we decided to go to the food court, my parents ate at Johnny Rockets but no pics again! Haven't trained them very well.

Wayne and I went to the Chinatown counter and Ben and Josh went to Chic Fil A.

Ben watches all sorts of stuff on Youtube and had asked to try Chic Fil a after seeing it on there, so he was happy. Josh loves all fast food so was also happy. They both enjoyed this

I got Orange chicken and pepper beef, the orange chicken looks dark in this pic like it is also beef but it was lovely. I had mine with noodles. I just love chinese food... or most food actually

Wayne got mushroom chicken, prawns and noodles, he also enjoyed this

After we finished shopping we decided on a meal at Chili's, we really enjoy it here and always go at least once. 2 for 1 frozen margaritas, yum

Myself and Ben shared the 3 course meal special and my parents did the same. You get an appetiser to share and a dessert to share between 2. As we all weren't going to bother with appetisers I just asked them to bring everything out at once.

Started off with a frozen raspberry margarita, it was buy one get one free

Wayne got 2 lagers Great thing about having the parents with us is that Wayne can have a few drinks. Dad doesn't drink, so he drives, we were all in a 6 seater dodge caravan.

Here is the 6 of us

Two x Texas cheese fries, which have bacon on, very nice

Three of us got the chicken fajitas, so only took a pic of one and it is a very poor pic, sorry! I didn't really enjoy these, the chicken tasted like water injected chicken. It was just ok, Dad enjoyed them and Mum thought the same as me.

Josh got ribs, fries, garlic bread and a corn which Ben ate as Josh doesn't really do veg! He enjoyed this but wasn't that hungry so couldn't eat it all.

Ben got steak, fries and broccoli. He liked this.

Wayne got steak, loaded mash and broccoli

We then got 2 x cookie skillet. I love this so much! It's like warm cookie dough

For all 6 of us it was only $121 plus tip I would pick the steak over the fajitas though which I did later in the trip

I really wish I was going this year looking through these pics but enjoying deciding on plans for next year
Old 18 Jul 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
thanks for sharing, it's never too late. I really want an orange creamsicle now
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 6

Today we were off to Typhoon Lagoon. The kids love this place, they think the wave pool is better than any other and prefer this water park to all the others.

For lunch we went to Leaning Palms

Josh and Ben both got Chicken Nuggets and fries. We got 2 refillable mugs so the kids drank out of those.

Wayne had a hot dog and fries.

I had the adobo pork rice bowl and a sangria. Love this meal like last year

On the evening myself and Wayne had a date night at Wine Bar George and my parents ate with the kids. I can't remember what/where as obviously they didn't take any pics of their food!

We requested to be seated outside on the balcony overlooking Disney Springs, it was lovely. We then shared the following

Crispy Mac & Cheese Bites in a tomato sauce. Love these! Wayne just thought they were ok but I like pasta more than him

Grilled Octopus salad, this was Wayne's choice I like fish but not other seafood but I did try it and it was surprisingly nice

House made meatballs on cheesy polenta, again this was delicious

We also tried chicken skewers, the picture is a bit blurry, these were just ok I thought.

I don't appear to have the pics of our wine! Not sure how that happened! We tried a few recommendations of our waiter and enjoyed them all. Wayne red and me White
Old 21 Jul 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Chick Fil A and Chili's are looking good, as is Wine Bar George. Haven't tried the wine bar yet, looks like it needs to go on the list for our January date night
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Reading this getting super excited for next year, fingers crossed.
Great reports food looks delicious
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 7

Today we went to Hollywood Studios. Wayne absolutely loves Star Wars so was happy walking round the land, I had managed to get an Ogas Cantina reservation prior to going... again epic fail here no photos! We only got drinks and didn't try any of the little snacks. The theming was amazing, loved the atmosphere. Will go again next year, if we can get a reservation.

For breakfast we had a couple of Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums, these were warm and delicious.

At lunch time we went to Sci-Fi, never been here before. Theming is good for little kids with getting to sit in the cars, it is quite dark inside though. I only have three pics as four of us had the philly cheese steak sandwich.

I had this and thought it was just ok, not enough cheese for me. You can tell from the pic there is a bit of a lack of cheese!

Mum had gluten free chicken pasta in a tomato and cheese sauce, she enjoyed this

Josh had Bacon Cheese burger with no cheese, he doesn't like cheese on burgers. He also enjoyed his.

Overall I just thought this place was ok, preferred 50's primetime last year.

As I was leaving I got a carrot cake cookie, Ben got a brownie but no pic. I loved this carrot cake, it's lovely. Wish I had bought a few more.

For dinner we just got fast food. I got a burrito from Taco bell, cheap as chips and really nice for the price. Does anyone know any great table service Mexican restaurants over there I could try next year?

Wayne and Josh had a Wendy's, Wayne really enjoyed his burger. Josh had nuggets and liked these.

Ben had a Popeyes as he had been wanting to try this place, he really liked it.