Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurap
I want to go now!

Flying to Orlando Melbourne

Hi all
First time asking a question...
I am
Looking at TUI for August 2022 which seem to be the cheaper place to book atm
But it’s £500 less to fly to Orlando Melbourne rather than MCO
Has anyone flew to this airport?
Thanks
Laurap is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Not yet, but it looks small and fairly simple to travel into the "centre" of Orlando from.

I have seen someone asvising against the 192 which comes from that airport, but we will because we kinda like it, our villa is on ponciana boulevard, off the 192 and from that direction...it's before Disney, so we will go that way for sh#ts and giggles
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Laurap View Post
Hi all
First time asking a question...
I am
Looking at TUI for August 2022 which seem to be the cheaper place to book atm
But it’s £500 less to fly to Orlando Melbourne rather than MCO
Has anyone flew to this airport?
Thanks
Orlando Melbourne airport is only used by Delta from Atlanta and AA from Charleston at the moment. No UK carriers use this airport until TUI launches their service.

If you use the search function on the Dibb you will find a few threads - I have seen at least a couple with one asking about car hire and pick ups. It is on the coast a good hour to an hour and a half drive to the Disney area. Dibber Donna D has given some really good advice about it as she drives that way a lot.

Try this thread for starters

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=Melbourne
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

weeleighlugi
If we use Melbourne we will come off the 192 at the first junction for the 17/92 it will be no longer than Sanford for us it’s the folks that are staying around I drive. Thatbare going to notice it more I think
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurap
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Orlando Melbourne airport is only used by Delta from Atlanta and AA from Charleston at the moment. No UK carriers use this airport until TUI launches their service.

If you use the search function on the Dibb you will find a few threads - I have seen at least a couple with one asking about car hire and pick ups. It is on the coast a good hour to an hour and a half drive to the Disney area. Dibber Donna D has given some really good advice about it as she drives that way a lot.

Try this thread for starters

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=Melbourne
Thanks
Laurap is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

Tui offer free transfers to its hotels. Expect 1.5 hours transfers times.
Old 24 Feb 21, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
LeedsDisneyGeek
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by grumpybri View Post
Tui offer free transfers to its hotels. Expect 1.5 hours transfers times.
Unless you're the last hotel on the drop off list. we did it once from Sandford, its like 50 miles from Sandford and took almost 2 hours by the time we arrived at AKL.

Melbourne is another 25 miles...
LeedsDisneyGeek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 03:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Simple answer, for a £500 savings I would definitely choose Melbourne.

Where are you looking at staying? I Drive is actually quicker to get to from Melbourne than Disney as I75 to 528 are fast roads that go straight there. The villa areas of H27 south of I4 are probably the furthest but they are from MCO too.
Old 24 Feb 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WDocW
Very Serious Dibber

It looks like using the 528 saves a lot of time over the 192 because of the number of traffic lights and reduced limits on the 192.

Originally I thought it would be quite a lot longer than from Sanford but it doesn't look too bad.

We will likely use it because we can fly with TUI from Newcastle which is 40min drive from ours so happy to trade the 2.5hr drive to Manchester especially as at present the prices ex-MAN are so much more.
WDocW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I love Tui Dreamliner so would certainly choose it, plus if it's immigration is quicker and there's less faff getting car the time difference in the end could be minimal. I'd rather be sitting in the car than standing in the immigration queue at MCO.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List