Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5 Mar 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
JP94
Getting to know the DIBB
 
Join Date: Feb 17
Crazy Prices? Sept 2021

Hi all,

The prices Iím seeing for Sept 2021 seem crazy to me unless Iíve always just been really lucky previously.

Looking for a compact/economy car for 16 nights (8th-24th Sep) with Alamo and the price is coming out at around £730+.

Iíve also check DFCH and no better.

Have I left it too late and thatís why prices are high? Or any other reason anyone can think of?

Hoping they will decrease or weíll have to forgo the car 🥲

Thanks all
JP94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Softy
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Softy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10
Check Virgin. Theyíve been the first (and only) to drop prices for later in the year. Everywhere else is still ridiculous.

Just checked and the cheapest car is £429 for your dates.

Edited at 04:40 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
JP94
Thread Starter
Getting to know the DIBB
 
Join Date: Feb 17
Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Check Virgin. Theyíve been the first (and only) to drop prices for later in the year. Everywhere else is still ridiculous.

Just checked and the cheapest car is £429 for your dates.
Thanks Softy! Thatís really helpful.
I had no idea Virgin offered stand-alone car hire, I always assumed it was only available as part of a package. Much more of a reasonable price though!
JP94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Softy
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Softy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10
Originally Posted by JP94 View Post
Thanks Softy! Thatís really helpful.
I had no idea Virgin offered stand-alone car hire, I always assumed it was only available as part of a package. Much more of a reasonable price though!
No worries. They hide it well!
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -
 
Join Date: Dec 16
The online prices have gone crazy... My offline prices start at £425 with Alamo and £316 with Budget for your dates.
__________________
Andy
Discount Florida Car Hire


www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
jmagla
Getting Excited
 
Join Date: Feb 10
Mobile

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
The online prices have gone crazy... My offline prices start at £425 with Alamo and £316 with Budget for your dates.
Hi Andy, out of interest I notice Thrifty and Thrifty Sapphire have disappeared from your quotes, is there an issue with Thrifty at the moment?
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -
 
Join Date: Dec 16
Prices through Hertz group (inc Dollar & Thrifty) are also missing. The web guys are on with trying to resolve the issue.. Still have access to them through my offline system if you need a quote.
__________________
Andy
Discount Florida Car Hire


www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
Softy
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Softy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Prices through Hertz group (inc Dollar & Thrifty) are also missing. The web guys are on with trying to resolve the issue.. Still have access to them through my offline system if you need a quote.
Hi Andy,
What are your offline prices for a 7/8 seater mini van, 30/10/21-20/11/21, pickup and return from Miami international? Also, how much extra for a non spouse additional driver?
Thanks,
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
kingstefan21
Helping Mickey
 
Join Date: May 12

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
So im not the only one panicking about car hire prices - sent Andy a message - the website is throwing crazy numbers iv never seen it as bad for such a sustained period of time.

If anyone has any other advice shout
__________________
Staybridge Suites LBV 2015
Point Orlando 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
NYC Riu Plaza Times Square 2019
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
babbymint
Imagineer
 
babbymint's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 11
Location: Sunny South Coast
Originally Posted by JP94 View Post
Hi all,

The prices Iím seeing for Sept 2021 seem crazy to me unless Iíve always just been really lucky previously.

Looking for a compact/economy car for 16 nights (8th-24th Sep) with Alamo and the price is coming out at around £730+.

Iíve also check DFCH and no better.

Have I left it too late and thatís why prices are high? Or any other reason anyone can think of?

Hoping they will decrease or weíll have to forgo the car 🥲

Thanks all

Have you tried www.budget.co.uk

They are quoting £461 for a Jetta group D pay now or a bit more for reservation, they were the cheapest I could find

Edited at 04:36 PM.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in galactic starcruiser
On 5th May 9:57am
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will take Guests to... Read More »
Posted in Disney Wish
On 29th April 4:51pm
Disney Cruise Line will take fun in the sun to the next level on the... Read More »
Posted in Florida
On 16th April 11:37am
Disney Cruise Line’s recently announced “Disney Magic at Sea” staycation sailings will go on sale... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3792
Covent Garden FX  $1.3853
FAIRFX  $1.3800
John Lewis  $1.3783
M&S  $1.3601
Sainsburys  $1.3761
TESCO  $1.3793
Travelex  $1.3705
Updated: 07:31 16/05/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1359
Covent Garden FX  €1.1406
FAIRFX  €1.1400
John Lewis  €1.1357
M&S  €1.1196
Sainsburys  €1.1332
TESCO  €1.1360
Travelex  €1.1319
Updated: 07:31 16/05/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X