Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Mar 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Car seats - Walmart

Instead of renting or taking your own has anyone bought car seats from Walmart (or any other store) whilst out there?

Plan is to get a private hire from
MCO to HRH then pick up a car 4/5 days into the trip before we head off to Disney.

I was thinking instead of having to take 2 or rent them from the car hire company, I could head the shop once I get the car or maybe even have delivered to the hotel (if possible).

Research would need to be done with car seats ranging from usd 50-150+.

Any experience or tips greatly appreciated.
Old 16 Mar 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Never done it as my two are in their 30’s! However you can do click n collect with Walmart if you want to and that guarantees you get what you want.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes we have once and second time from Macro Baby at the Florida mall
Walmart super stores as will Target have a range you can just pick off the shelf as does Macro Baby but safer to order for collection
In the US they use a Latch System rather than iso fix so it’s worth checking out you tube to see how it fits works
I can say the 2 Latch fit seats we have for the grandkids when fitted properly never move and the little darlings have never worked out how the second strap chest clip works we get grandpa get me out of this when we stop park up
Same jolie seats as we have here for them just different attachments
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Thank you both... click and collect sounds ideal.

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Yes we have once and second time from Macro Baby at the Florida mall
Walmart super stores as will Target have a range you can just pick off the shelf as does Macro Baby but safer to order for collection
In the US they use a Latch System rather than iso fix so it’s worth checking out you tube to see how it fits works
I can say the 2 Latch fit seats we have for the grandkids when fitted properly never move and the little darlings have never worked out how the second strap chest clip works we get grandpa get me out of this when we stop park up
Same jolie seats as we have here for them just different attachments
What did you do with the car seats at the end of the holiday? The idea would be that we are not bringing them back, but we would need to at least bring them back to the airport...

Can we leave with the rental company?

Would have preferred to leave at Disney for some guests...
Old 17 Mar 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ours are left in the villa in our owners cupboard as the Gdks usually arrive after us and go home before us
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
OP. If it helps the quickest way to pay Walmart from here is PayPal.

Their website has a tantrum if you use a UK based credit card sometimes.

The reason I know is my Son is a Police Officer and ordered some fancy Maglite torch from them that was half the price as here. Very smooth process once he opted for PayPal

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. If it helps the quickest way to pay Walmart from here is PayPal.

Their website has a tantrum if you use a UK based credit card sometimes.

The reason I know is my Son is a Police Officer and ordered some fancy Maglite torch from them that was half the price as here. Very smooth process once he opted for PayPal
Is of great help, yes. Thank you...

click and collect is good, as I can just pop to the nearest Walmart once we pick up the car. Or even better would they deliver to HRH?

Last thing I want to be doing is lugging 2 car seats plus bags plus buggy this side and in Orlando, so trying to work out what is best but most importantly safest.

Also just noticed that legally a booster seat is ok for 4-5 year old in FL. Not sure when DS will be ready for a booster seat but he will be 4 and turning 5 during the holiday, so could be an option taking us down to 1 car seat only.

Edited at 09:16 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mike. Not sure if they deliver but I suspect not sorry. Maybe try a dummy purchase and see if they do.
Best of luck with your planning.

Old 17 Mar 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

I have used Click and Collect numerous times at Walmart with no problem. I just collected from the store. I did a dummy run and they will deliver. Will your hotel accept deliveries? There is/was a lady on here who lives in Orlando and will shop for you and deliver to your hotel. Have you thought of her? Apparently she is very reliable. Sorry dont know what she charges for this. I am sure if you are interested some one on here will remember who she is.

Edited at 12:19 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JoS View Post
I have used Click and Collect numerous times at Walmart with no problem. I did a dummy run and they will deliver. Will your hotel accept deliveries? There is/was a lady on here who lives in Orlando and will shop for you and deliver to your hotel. Have you thought of her? Apparently she is very reliable. Sorry dont know what she charges for this. I am sure if you are interested some one on here will remember who she is.
The Lady is Angelbabe and she has a great website and really positive reviews.