Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Apr 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Tell me about The Grove

I really would like to know what all you lovely people think of The Grove? We've been to Florida a few times now and have stayed in a villa, townhouse on a gated community and had the odd night onsite to experience it.

I'm starting to think of when we can go again but the accommodation will make or break our stay we are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids; 15 year old son and 10 year old daughter). As much as I'd love to look at staying onsite, being in one room is a big no go for us and as much as I try to convince myself it will be ok - it won't

I do like the space of a villa, but I really don't get that holiday feeling as much as staying in a hotel. So, i'm looking for ideas that gives us the space but with the feel of being in a hotel and having all the facilities.

The two bedroom apartments at The Grove look ideal and there appears to be lots do around the pool etc. So, tell me everything you know what's good, what's not, how is the location for getting out and about. Thanks
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Lake Buenavista Vista Village Resort and Spa might be just the ticket.

It is close enough that some of the balconies on block 5 give a distant view of the Epcot? Fireworks.

Parking is free and under the hotel blocks, thus cool.

It has a good pool with a pirate ship in it... and a nice bar next to it. Every pool should have a pirate galleon!.. and Pirates.

It has a Walmart and a gas station just up the road.

It has an outlet mall right next door

The rooms are 2 or 3 bedroom (we had a 3). It had a good, well equipped kitchen and lounge are, a bathroom, plus a huge whirlpool bath and a sink in the master bedroom (odd, I know).

There is an Irish bar next door that does breakfast, lunch and tea.

They do courtesy shuttles, should you want to not drive on a particular day.

The prices were good!

If not staying in a Villa, then we would definitely return.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:13 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Lake Buenavista Vista Village Resort and Spa might be just the ticket.

It is close enough that some of the balconies on block 5 give a distant view of the Epcot? Fireworks.

Parking is free and under the hotel blocks, thus cool.

It has a good pool with a pirate ship in it... and a nice bar next to it.

It has a Walmart and a gas station just up the road.

It has an outlet mall right next door

The rooms are 2 or 3 bedroom (we had a 3). It had a good, well equipped kitchen and lounge are, a bathroom, plus a huge whirlpool bath and a sink in the master bedroom (odd, I know).

There is an Irish bar next door that does breakfast, lunch and tea.

They do courtesy shuttles, should you want to not drive on a particular day.

The prices were good!

If not staying in a Villa, then we would definitely return.
We’ve stayed at LBV Resort and Spa a couple of times and loved it - we’re planning to return next Christmas. All that CFB says is spot on.
We did take a drive to look at The Grove. It’s very large and quite new. However, for us, it was a bit off the beaten track down quite a long lane. It does have great reviews though.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025

Edited at 04:56 PM.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another vote for LBV Resort and Spa
Have stayed there twice and highly recommended it
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I had a real good look at The Grove as it looks lovely and has a really nice looking pool and waterslides. I watched some videos on YouTube but there was one thing that really stood out for me was the lack of atmosphere. I know it’s just videos but it really came across.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We have stayed at the grove twice in 2018 and 2019 and hoping to again this year,we absolutely loved it.Massive modern clean comfortable apartments with everything you could need and more,great pools and lazy river,and great waterplay area for children too.The resort is large,but we loved having a stroll around it.the carpark is covered( so useful),and you can park on your floor. Its around 15 mins from animal kingdom so not far at all,and loads of restaurants /shops nearby including wawa at the entrance,and a culvers across the road.We stayed at lbv resort and spa in 2014 and found it spacious but room rundown,hopefully now refurbed.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ClareO
slightly serious Dibber

ClareO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Stayed at The Grove in 2019. We had just stayed at the Rennaisance at Seaworld and moved here for our 2nd and 3rd week. Initially we were disappointed. There were a few issues with our room- e.g. broken bedside table but the key issue was that we were overlooking the front and spent the whole of the first night being woken by cars beeping and general noise. My husband went to see the manager and I have to say we were blown away by their efforts to put things right. We were upgraded to a 3 bed superior room overlooking the lake (highly recommended) and were given dollars for breakfast while we waited for our new room. We enjoyed our stay but did find it lacking the 'hotel' feel you may be looking for. Our new room was fantastic and for us the location worked. I probably wouldn't stay again purely because I like to try new places (though the Rennaisance is a place we are returning to fingers crossed)
ClareO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We loved The Grove, excellent finish in the rooms with great space and facilities
The pool, slides, lazy river all really enjoyable
For us nothing not to love about it
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone, this is all really helpful. I've looked at LBV before but the dated look is putting me off a little. I'm also looking at Margaritaville Resort and found a great looking villa at Storey Lake. I keep going round in circles
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Thanks everyone, this is all really helpful. I've looked at LBV before but the dated look is putting me off a little. I'm also looking at Margaritaville Resort and found a great looking villa at Storey Lake. I keep going round in circles
I haven't stayed at any of them but if you want to be able to walk to restaurants and bars in the evening, Margaritaville would be my choice. Out of the 4 it is the closest to Disney as well.