Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Apr 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report - Day 8

Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report - Day 8

Index is here

Tuesday 10th July – Dining with the Fishes

This was our last I Drive day and we were off to Seaworld again.

First up Atlantis again, twice walk on for all 3 of us and then Ds and Dh decided to have another go. I was reluctant to get anymore wet.

There is something really creepy about the eels at Atlantis.

Then we spied the flamingos being taking out for a walk.

We decided to explore the aquarium beside Manta, I’m not sure you would get me on this ride, although Dh and I did ride Air years ago so I don’t know why I’d be so reluctant now.

The aquarium part was great though.

We reactivated the mug again. I have to say again we definitely got our money’s worth out of this.

Ds wanted to go back and see the sea lions, he declared this one his favourite.

I had booked dine with Shamu as a surprise for Ds, it was at 12.30pm. We queued for a little, checked in and got a table right at the glass. There were pilot whales in the water who had been stranded, they had been rescued and the government had declared them unable to be released as they had no pod to teach them the skills to survive.

The food was nice enough. The buffet was busy so I only took photos of our plates. They had salad items, chicken, pork, rice, beef and fish. They also had pasta and kid friendly things like chicken nuggets. They brought a sweet plate and you could ask for more of anything you wanted, we didn’t.

They gave a talk about the pilot whales then moved everyone into the stadium for the orca talk.

It was really interesting and we all enjoyed it.

We walked across the big wooden bridge in the water to leave.

Probably just in time as the weather was about to turn. We actually made it back to the hotel before it got too bad.

For dinner tonight we opted for Joes Crab Shack. Note the other Tommy Hilfiger dress and cardi.

I had a voucher for a free appetiser so we ordered the great balls of fire which were crab, cheese and jalapeño. They were lovely.

Dh had a Samuel Adams and I had a strawberry and peach sangria which was really good.

I ordered the southern stuffed shrimp which was great. I also ordered a side salad which ds and I ate.

Dh had the coconut shrimp which he thought was excellent.

Ds had the kids snow crab pot which he really enjoyed. The bib really suited him.

I’m never sure what I’m doing but he is quite the expert.

We used the Landry card that Dh had got so used the $25 welcome reward.

A lovely meal for our last night on Idrive before our move to Universal tomorrow. We caught the trolley back down the road and made sure we were relatively organised for our move before bed.

We'd really enjoyed our time spent at Seaworld. When Dh and I first started going around about 1999, it had such a chilled out vibe, it always felt so calm and tropical. When we first took Ds I wasn't impressed, something about it had changed and we found the staff much less nice. This trip it seemed to have upped it's game again and had recovered some of what I'd loved about it originally.

Steps: !8K
Highlights: All agreed that Dine with Shamu was the highlight today.
Old 13 Apr 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
clyde106
Earning More Ears

Amazing family trip report as usual!

I've never been to Joes Crab Shack but that coconut shrimp looks great! Can't wait to see your Uni stay.
clyde106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Brilliant thanks for sharing !
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great day
We did the Dine with Shamu experience in 2019 and it’s changed since 2018 we weren’t taken into the stadium they just gave us a talk in front of the glass.
Your experience looks so much better
The food at the Crab Shack looks amazing
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Great day and more good food

Joan
Old 14 Apr 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by clyde106 View Post
Amazing family trip report as usual!

I've never been to Joes Crab Shack but that coconut shrimp looks great! Can't wait to see your Uni stay.
Aww thanks.

Joe's is pretty good. Dh loves coconut shrimp and really enjoys it there. It's a great option for the Landry's card.

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
Brilliant thanks for sharing !
Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Great day
We did the Dine with Shamu experience in 2019 and it’s changed since 2018 we weren’t taken into the stadium they just gave us a talk in front of the glass.
Your experience looks so much better
The food at the Crab Shack looks amazing
I think it was a relatively new thing taking you over to the stadium, must not have lasted long. I don't think we'd do it again but we did enjoy it.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great day and more good food

Joan
Thanks Joan, we do love our food.
Old 28 Apr 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
I love your dine with Shamu experience- I love that you got the talk/show after your meal, looks amazing. Loving the new dress too! So I know you recommended Joe’s Crab Shack to me on our last trip, you cphave completely sold me with your delicious pics.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
I love your dine with Shamu experience- I love that you got the talk/show after your meal, looks amazing. Loving the new dress too! So I know you recommended Joe’s Crab Shack to me on our last trip, you cphave completely sold me with your delicious pics.
Thanks, I wasn't sure what to expect from Dine from Shamu.

Joe's has always been great for us. My Joe loves that kids crab pot option. How is your Ds with seafood? If you are at the Rosen again on I-Drive it's a great choice, I like the cocktails there too.
Old 29 Apr 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks, I wasn't sure what to expect from Dine from Shamu.

Joe's has always been great for us. My Joe loves that kids crab pot option. How is your Ds with seafood? If you are at the Rosen again on I-Drive it's a great choice, I like the cocktails there too.
I am lucky Mum like you, Cooper eats everything. However unlike me he is super slim! kids!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
I am lucky Mum like you, Cooper eats everything. However unlike me he is super slim! kids!
Snap on both counts then 😂