Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Apr 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Am I wrong to be a bit miffed

The neighbour has decided to paint his fences black fair enough. Just noticed he's now decided to also paint the the concrete posts black. It looks a mess my side because hes decided to do the whole top including my side black. I know in thd scheme of things its not a huge deal but I'm not impressed one bit.
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Huddo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 68
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Whose fence is it?
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
The neighbour has decided to paint his fences black fair enough. Just noticed he's now decided to also paint the the concrete posts black. It looks a mess my side because hes decided to do the whole top including my side black. I know in thd scheme of things its not a huge deal but I'm not impressed one bit.
Who’s post is it 🤔
If this is taken from your side he should’ve only painted his side of the post, he has gone right over the top of it with the paint
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I have painted mine recently I did the middle inside bit and top but not the outter side, so effectively I left that top bit on your side unpainted. Its a difficult one as mine is all my fence as we paid for it but I felt it was unfair to paint that part despite the fact it would have looked better from my view painted.
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews

I've paid half to have it replaced. It looks hideous from upstairs.
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

But who’s fence is it on the deeds.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I’m really surprised that no black paint came through the fences on your side 😬
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Regardless of who paid for it - it is the boundary that denotes who owns it. If its him then maybe the best you’d an do is have a quiet word (maybe bring him in and show him the view hen ask him if he would mind you painting out the black to a more neutral colour . If he refuses not much your an do really (IF is is his boundary fence) - if its yours then just paint it out !

But who in their right mind would pain a fence and posts black ! Sounds hideous so I underhand why you would be upset
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
My house doesn't have designated sides. The deeds say all cost of boundary fences are to be shared with the neighbour that side. If they want their side of the fence black fair enough but don't paint the top of the post my side ruddy black. I've just asked him not to paint on the top my side because he's only done half. He apologised but I've still got to look at that 🤐 They had mature trees and shrubs that side but have removed the lot so we now get to see the Christmas lights year round 🤣
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I’m really surprised that no black paint came through the fences on your side 😬
I've been out and had to repaint the top my side cream again as the top was painted black and ran down this side.