Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Apr 16, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yogadeb View Post
Omg I never even thought about the sun cream , that's a good point!
My next thread will " please suggest a sun cream that won't stain my swimming costume " lol

And maybe I'll just have to skinny dip in the pools to save the chlorine damage
Not only sun cream and chlorine but a lot of my swimwear gets " snagging " where I have sat on the edge of the pool, I had a lovely swimsuit similar to the one you posted but a quarter of the price, ended up two tone colour from the chlorine marked with sun cream and heavily snagged, as much as I liked it I wouldn't wear it like that so it ended up in the bin .
It could well be that paying so much more your swimsuit will be better quality and would stand up to the things I have mentioned, I wouldnt be prepared to take that risk though .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
If it makes you feel good and you have the money why not? I hope it fits perfectly and makes you feel incredible 😊
Agree 👍👍👍
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Beautiful costume, I know people who happily spend 5 times that on a named handbag!

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I'd pay that if it looked nice on me.
I buy my swimwear from Freya which is really quite plain but fits perfectly. (No other brand fits me at all) that's usually about £70 I think for top and bottom so £100 doesn't seem too bad.
My only comment would be how will you wash it?! I know this sounds ridiculous but do you think it'll be 'dry clean only'
Is it actually meant for swimming in? I'd be a little worried at the prospect of all those sparkles falling off

Edited at 08:57 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

I would suggest applying ultrasun sun cream when you are naked - let it sink in and then put on your costume. You then need not reapply as it lasts all day.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

I wouldn't personally but its your money so why not? I hope you feel great in it! (If I ever did spend that much, I certainly wouldn't tell DH - what he doesn't know doesn't hurt, lol!)
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I bought a cossie for £68 a couple of years ago which had a soft built bra for support, a front panel to flatten my stomach, low-cut legs and a tiny little skirt in front just to cover thigh tops, I love it and feel confident enough to go to my aquarobics classes which I wouldn't do in a more flimsy cossie with no control.

I will buy another in due course. I think good swimwear is vital if you aren't as sleek as you like because you've got 'no hiding place' unless you keep a sarong wrapped round you all day !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

My instinctive reaction when I read the title was "not in a million years".

However, having read through the answers and seen the photos I've changed my mind! It is beautiful and if it fits well and makes you feel good the effect on your confidence will be well worth the money. Most of us wouldn't think twice about spending a similar amount on a dress/ shoes / handbag etc. yet we buy cheap swimwear which leaves us at our most exposed and vulnerable. I have 12 bikinis/swimsuits from high street stores, most of which cost less than £20... and none of which fit properly. One decent one would've been a better investment.

Edited at 09:33 AM.
ally1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
TobyK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 138
I would pay a million pounds to feel good in a swimsuit!
TobyK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

If it fits well and makes you feel good why not!.I have to buy swimwear from bravissimo and the like as nothing high street fits me (32h on top),so often pay around £60-£70 although it does pain me to do so! . Not had a c section but have had a large family so know what you mean about the stomach issue.Hope its fits great
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread