Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jun 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
Police had serious words with someone who parked on my driveway once to go to the cafe 3 doors down! They were not impressed & said he'd be getting a stern talking to!
I think if someone parked on my driveway an "accident" might happen to their car

Old 9 Jun 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
But surely to park on the pavement you have to drive on the pavement. You do see more and more cars parked on pavements.
florida girl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The World is full of entitled people who think the law and values don't apply to them.

I saw this thread earlier and late this afternoon we went for a walk around our neighbourhood. I counted the cars on the pavement either part on or fully on.

In a 2 mile stint there were 27 cars. Some were so fully on I had to stand to one side to let my Wife through first.

For goodness sake how could I walk on the kerbside and still have my right arm available to swing my sword as a Gentleman always does
Aye, I kna Tom, the problems we have taking da out in his wheelchair due to sheer ignorance of parking on pavements/across dropped kerbs - if ma wasn't with me my keys might happen to stick out of my pocket as I slowly squeeze past these cars... ooops!
Old 10 Jun 19, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
Did this once when a neighbours Dad parked right across my drive which has a dropped kerb meaning I could not park my car on my own drive.
He found the note Banged on my front door and got a volley of abuse from him even though he was in the wrong Then proceeded to throw the note in my face!
As unreasonable as that is, he actually wasn’t legally in the wrong if the drive was empty at the time. He would have been in the wrong if there had been a car on the drive and thus he was preventing someone access to the roads.

Edited at 05:30 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Aye, I kna Tom, the problems we have taking da out in his wheelchair due to sheer ignorance of parking on pavements/across dropped kerbs - if ma wasn't with me my keys might happen to stick out of my pocket as I slowly squeeze past these cars... ooops!
I know it was said in jest, but not recommended Chris; never good to get a conviction for criminal damage! My car has Sentry Mode, and would catch anyone scratching it on the hard drive from cameras all around it. Numerous ‘keyers’ caught doing this to othe cars like mine recently, including a government official in US.
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pete1 View Post
Only an offence to drive on the pavement not park on it.
so to park on it you have actually got to drive on it...even if it's a car length
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
so to park on it you have actually got to drive on it...even if it's a car length
I presume the law means you cannot legally drive down the pavement, just onto it and no further.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I presume the law means you cannot legally drive down the pavement, just onto it and no further.
Me too
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I know it was said in jest, but not recommended Chris; never good to get a conviction for criminal damage! My car has Sentry Mode, and would catch anyone scratching it on the hard drive from cameras all around it. Numerous ‘keyers’ caught doing this to othe cars like mine recently, including a government official in US.
One reason I loved our double buggy when the girls were little was that it happened to have a strategically placed nut. So if I had to squeeze past a car for the safety of our children It might accidentally leave a mark.
Old 10 Jun 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumpy
slightly serious Dibber

A lot of people park partially on the pavements on our road however this is because the road is quite narrow and at the entrance to the street the houses do not have drives or have very small drives so if the cars are parked fully on the road larger cars cannot get through so in this instance the drivers are actually trying to be considerate by not blocking the road. Fortunately there is very little pedestrian traffic on the street and as it is a quiet cul de sac pedestrians don't have a safety issue especially given that at the end of the cul de sac where I live there aren't any pavements anyway.
I do fully agree about blocking drives and were someone to park on my drive they would return to find another vehicle or serious impediment behind them preventing easy and ready egress.
Lumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List