Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Jun 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

We had some 1600 snaps on out MM account at the end of our holiday. A fair few of these were duplicates, as the kids kept tapping MB at each of the rides, so numerous snaps loaded onto the MDE account.

However a great keep sake and as others have said, only valid for 45 days time - so make sure you save/download all the photo's you want.
Old 19 Jun 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

As a side note, I would suggest that you don't rely on the memory maker and take plenty of photos yourself. We found it to be very 'hit and miss'; we encountered some really friendly, enthusiastic photographers and some really grumpy ones too, and the quality of the photos ranged from good to very poor. We were particularly disappointed with some of the photos from the character encounters - many were just too dark and of poor composition, and because of the way the encounters are set up, the photographers were often still engaged with the previous party when my daughter was first meeting the character, hence that 'spontaneous' shot of the initial meeting was missed altogether.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

you don't need to download any until you get home. (within the 45 day rule) When we get home, we add the free borders etc on to the phots and then download them all onto our pc, ready to be printed at our leisure.
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

thank you so much for all the tips, lots of great advice and we will definitely take more advantage of memory maker this time

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
As a side note, I would suggest that you don't rely on the memory maker and take plenty of photos yourself. We found it to be very 'hit and miss'; we encountered some really friendly, enthusiastic photographers and some really grumpy ones too, and the quality of the photos ranged from good to very poor. We were particularly disappointed with some of the photos from the character encounters - many were just too dark and of poor composition, and because of the way the encounters are set up, the photographers were often still engaged with the previous party when my daughter was first meeting the character, hence that 'spontaneous' shot of the initial meeting was missed altogether.
Thank you, I won't rely on Memory maker just use it as an added bonus. I like to take my own pictures

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

The photographers will also, if they have time & not a massive queue, use your own camera/phone for you if you ask. Always ask if the have any Magic Shots too. You will be amazed at some of the pictures when you see them if they don't tell you what magic they are adding at the time!
Old 19 Jun 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Agree with the above.

Our Memory Maker photos when we met Minnie Mouse once were terrible. They were so dark you could hardly see anything. My own photos were much better (and I'm far from being an expert!).

I think some of the photographers are just regular CMs who have been given a day or two of training, that's all. They won't necessarily be qualified and have years of experience.

However, for something you get for free with the Ultimate tickets, it's well worth the money!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

OP hope you don’t mind me asking a quick related question?... is there any way of knowing which photographers will do the magic shots? I have seen so many clever shots since we returned and felt a bit frustrated that I didn’t know about these!
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
OP hope you don’t mind me asking a quick related question?... is there any way of knowing which photographers will do the magic shots? I have seen so many clever shots since we returned and felt a bit frustrated that I didn’t know about these!
Have a look at Disney PhotoPass Service facebook page, under photos there are some albums with magic shots currently available in the different parks. Take a look at this link as well
wdwprepschool/magic-shots-at-disney-world/
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a look at Disney PhotoPass Service facebook page, under photos there are some albums with magic shots currently available in the different parks. Take a look at this link as well
wdwprepschool/magic-shots-at-disney-world/
That’s all really useful- thank you so much!