Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
ResalesDVC
Unread 16 Aug 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Just to add, we've had a few things melt in the summer time but not major.

Fortunately in Octber we were on an evening flight home and our MNSSHP haul remained fine

Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Time for somewhere else next i think...
Unread 16 Aug 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Brought home lots of chocolate and also wax melts as the company I buy from (sassygirlaroma) is in USA and gets sent to my hotel.

Never had either melt at all in hold.
Unread 16 Aug 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 47

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've always packed large jar candles either in the middle of clothes or carried in hand luggage. To save weight (only if they're not for presents) I take all the glass lids off apart from one, then just stuff tissue in the top to protect the wick. Wax melts / tarts just go in any empty corners I find. Chocs are usually wrapped in plastic bags and just put in the checked cases.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Now POFQ, Dreaming, then the Beach Club
Unread 16 Aug 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 47

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
We had travel lids fitted on ours in the Yankee candle shop, I think you need to ask though
Well, you learn something new every day! See my post above
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Now POFQ, Dreaming, then the Beach Club
Unread 16 Aug 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Helping Mickey

Every trip I always bring back chocolate and Yankee candles, only the milk duds had melted and ended up mishapen, as for the candles I've always put them in hand luggage, to save weight on the suitcase, as hand luggage never gets weighed. But every time I've gone through security we've had swabs taken and extra security checks done on us and the candles. But if it means I can stuff 5 large yankee candles in my cabin case, so that I have room in my suitcase for all my other purchases, then its worth the security check. Only once I had a candle in my hold luggage and the glass had cracked, so from then on I've always put it my cabin case.
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to my Happy Place
Unread 16 Aug 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
For the first time ever on our last visit the Yankee Candles leaked - the weather was so hot at the time I can only imagine that the bags had been stored somewhere with direct sunlight on them. We always check in at Disney Springs so it could have happened there.

Other than that we have had no issues bringing candles back.

Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
walden64 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Possible next visit back home
Unread 16 Aug 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Weve always brought back chocolate, candles and wax melts in out hold suitcases with no issues. We check in at Disney Springs so they are in the trucks in the sun for ages too.
For a big glass candle this year I asked in our resort gift shop for some packaging which they were happy to give. Though he did go a bit over the top packaging wise la Rowan Atkinson in Love Actually
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3rd stay at POFQ!
Unread 16 Aug 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I brought candle jars home in my cabin case. They showed up on the x ray machine and a security officer unwrapped and swabbed every one of them. Took ages.

Since then I take some bubble wrap with me so I can put candles in my hold bags safely.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Bittersweet Trip...
Florida Tix