Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 18 Aug 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Sounds like you are staying onsite so will have plenty days at Disney?
No I wouldnt risk it.
We landed at 3.55pm one time and didnt get to our hotel until 6.50om. No way would I have made a park.
Unread 18 Aug 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaston77
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Like most topics on here there are always multiple opinions with advice given based usually on experience. All experiences are unique, if you think it will work and you want to do then I think its possible (based on my experience). I managed to obtain tickets for MVMCP last December from a generous Dibber. We landed at MCO just shortly before your time, were on Magical Express and at hotel for just before 6.30pm. Quick change for my wife and daughter and they were at MK for just after 7pm. They had a fantastic time at MVMCP. Didnt come back to room until well after midnight. Yes, they were tired the next day, but they felt it was worthwhile... 100% worthwhile! The timings are fraught with risks, you just need to weigh up whether the reward outweighs the risk or if its just too much of a gamble.
Gaston77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going back again...
Unread 18 Aug 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I wouldnt, we were an hour to get from plane to monorail, it was then a further hour by time we queued for
Magical express and to get to hotel and that was a fairly quick day Ive saw people wait longer. You would need to check in to get magic bands which can takes ages as they usually have minimum staff on, get your room, leave stuff and then have to get to magic kingdom, bag check, etc which can all take up to an hour depending how soon a bus comes.
Its a lot of money to pay out to be delayed and miss it or too tired to fully enjoy it.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our second trip of a lifetime
Unread 18 Aug 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldnt. The only time Ive ever made it to a park on arrival day is when weve stayed at the Beach Club. I tend to be a grumpy old bag TBH that first evening after all the travel. I like to unpack, nest and slide into the nearest hot tub!
scoobydooby is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ July 2020
Unread 18 Aug 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited2019
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

We did it this time. Arrived at hotel at 6.30pm, took us just under 2 hours at immigration. Were in magic kingdom at 8.30pm. We were then up at 6.30 for magic hours at animal kingdom. Not saying we weren't shattered, but disney doesnt sleep, so neither do I.
Excited2019 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Excited about Disney

Yep...personally I wouldnt. It may be possible but no way you are going to get the best out of it. Just chill and spend the money saved on another special day or Signature meal which you will be able to get more out of.

Take the pressure off and relax into a great holiday. 👍
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Last hoorah 2020...Villa, OKW?, HRH
Unread 18 Aug 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Excited2019 View Post
We did it this time. Arrived at hotel at 6.30pm, took us just under 2 hours at immigration. Were in magic kingdom at 8.30pm. We were then up at 6.30 for magic hours at animal kingdom. Not saying we weren't shattered, but disney doesnt sleep, so neither do I.
Hats off to you! Thats going for it! 😂
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Last hoorah 2020...Villa, OKW?, HRH
Unread 19 Aug 19, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would try to do it😊
We arrived on the 8th which was the last villains night, didnt buy tickets because what if we get delayed we got to the hotel in plenty of time but the tickets had all gone (there were still some for sale when we left Manchester). You only live once etc Id say go for it 😊
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote