Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 9 Aug 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Bought the DLP tickets this morning, 2x 2 day adult parkhoppers totalling 284. I've updated the budget tracking post (no.11 in the thread), the trip is now at @2011 and relative costs of the 3 legs are:

DLP 542
EuropaPark 518
Efteling 646

That's with a decent offsite hotel for DLP, onsite camping at EuropaPark and the onsite hotel at Efteling.

Will update the final section of dining plans soon
How exciting! Can't wait to read your trip report.
We're off to Spain instead of Europa Park this summer... The flights we wanted doubled in price and flying from the north west there were no decent alternatives. We're going back to WDW in spring 2020 so the budget for our summer break wasn't flexible

Will the new water park in Europa Park be open in time for your visit?
Lily8 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
How exciting! Can't wait to read your trip report.
We're off to Spain instead of Europa Park this summer... The flights we wanted doubled in price and flying from the north west there were no decent alternatives. We're going back to WDW in spring 2020 so the budget for our summer break wasn't flexible

Will the new water park in Europa Park be open in time for your visit?
Looking forward to it Such a shame about your flights but I'm sure you'll have a great alternative lined up and I'll report back on everything we find there Thanks for following

The water park is opening about a month after we visit so we'll have to leave that one for if we go back - it looks great though!
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP, Europapark, Efteling roadtrip
Unread 11 Aug 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
More dining and touring plans, 3rd part of 3.

Day 7 - Europa Park to Efteling

Last breakfast at the campsite and then we're off to Efteling. After Lily8's tip this may involve a detour via the black forest bob (self driven mountain ride) sommerrodelbahn-gutach.d...lish-visitors/

There's plenty of ride-throughs on You Tube, here's an example

As thrillseekers both, DD and I are well up for this if the weather looks good

Then the drive up through France towards Belgium and the Netherlands. Depending on our progress, lunch will probably be in Belgium. I quite like the look of this Italian in Bastogne which is nicely en route just near the Luxembourg border:

They have a reasonable selection of pizzas

Pizzas ... 45 cm in diameter !

Margharita (Base) : Mozarelle - Tomatoes - Oregano
Proscuito : Ham - Tomatoes - Oregano
Napoli : Tomatoes - Anchovies - Capers - Oregano
Vegetarian : Mixed Vegetables FRESH
Bolo : Bolognese Sauce - Oregano
Regina : Ham - Fresh Tomatoes - Mushrooms - Oregano
Capriciosa : Ham - Mushrooms - Eggs - Olives - Oregano
Corlone : Anchovies - Olives - Garlic - Pepper - Oregano
Hawai : Ham - Pineapple - Oregano
Quattro Stagione : Artichokes - Ham - Mushrooms - Olives - Oregano
Sonny : Mozarelle - Sweet chorizo ​​- oregano
Michael : Bacon - Tomatoes - Capres - Oregano
Pizzaiola : Tuna - Mushrooms - Onions - vegetables - Capers - Garlic
Frutti di Mare : Seafood - tomatoes - Garlic - Oregano
Stromboli : Sweet chorizo ​​- dried tomatoes - Egg - Garlic - oregano
Claudio : Parma - Gorgonzolla - Oregano
Dolce Vita : Goat - Parsley - Garlic - Fresh tomatoes - Oregano
Mich - Pic : Chorizo ​​- tomatoes - Anchovies - gorgorolla - Oregano
Quattro Fromagio : 4 Kinds of cheese - Oregano
Ardennaise : Potatoes - bacon - Beans - Onions
Freddo : Salmon - smoked - Capers - Onions - Oregano
Scampis : Scampis - Garlic - Parsley - Oregano
Bellucci : Fresh peppers - Onions - Sweet chorizo ​​- Fresh egg - Garlic - Oregano
Calzone Dolce Vita : Goat - Parma - Parsley - Garlic - Fresh Tomatoes
Al Pacino : Scampis - Calamari - Smoked salmon - Garlic
Aaron : Chorizo ​​- tomatoes - Garlic - Parmesan - Roquette
kayla : Gruyre de Savoie - Pepper salami - Peppers - Egg - Garlic
Anton: Sweet chorizo ​​- Parma ham - Roquette - Garlic - tomatoes and cheese in the crust
Patani : Parma - Bacon - Pineapple - Egg - Parmesan
Vito Volcano : Scampis -Calamars - Smoked Salmon - Seafood - Garlic
Carpaccio : Veal carpaccio - Parmesan shavings - Roqette
Delphina : Parma ham - cherry tomatoes - Mozarelle - Roquette - balsamic
Corsica: Coppa (Corsican ham) - Goat cheese - Honey - oregano
C onny : Gambas - scampi-roquette - lemon slice - Garlic
Tarantino : Merguez - Fresh tomatoes - Onions - Egg - Roquette - Garlic
La Tartuffo Anatra : Parmesan - Duck fillet - truffle oil and arugula
Kaycee : Cream - chives - chorizo ​​- zucchini - Parmesan shavings - fresh tomatoes
Savoyarde : Apple-D-Terre - cold cuts - Savoy cheese - onions - arugula-pickles
Supplements can be added to pizzas

They have pasta dishes too but pizza looks to be the main focus!
5 says DD will still have a margherita with ham

After that, early afternoon we could stop at Chaudefontaine, also in Belgium for the spa posted earlier in the thread. This depends on timings and also if/how we did the first spa. At some point ideally we'd stop to pick up Belgian beer but not sure when that will be just yet or if it will fit, might be a quick stop if we drive past a brewery with a shop.

By early evening we should be at the Efteling hotel. If we have the time and energy (it closes at 8) we might pop into the park for a QS dinner. I quite fancy the Polles Keuken, the Dutch love their pancakes as much as DD does and the menu looks good.

Day 8 - Efteling

We have breakfast included with the Efteling Hotel. Couldn't find many good pictures online without people in them but the restaurant looks smart and I'll share the buffet pics when we get there.

For lunch the Station de Oost food court looks intriguing (palatial as food cours go ) and nothing like Aust Services on the old Severn Bridge crossing (which is my translation of the title )
Er excuse me, I'm looking for the food court

There's a few options, mostly on the healthier side so we might have to go to de Brutale Aap (The Cheeky Monkey) for some Turkish kebabs etc.
Yes I might have a doner kebab sober. Don't judge me I'm on holiday

In the evening I've just booked us two tickets for the Caro show at 18:30. This is only 7.50 per head with the hotel stay so I figure it's worth a punt.

After the show we have a reservation for the 'Kings Surprise Menu' in the hotel (@20:15). This was 79 for the two and an unnamed selection of starters and dessert plus an entree from the main menu. Fingers crossed this won't backfire with DD It's a bit of a risk but she eats fairly well these days and will try things. Also the main courses include a couple of beef ones I know she could choose and which cover most of her cost so...

Day 9 - Efteling

Breakfast at the hotel again followed by another QS lunch in the park I expect. Lunch options for this day I haven't really settled on yet, it may be off the cuff for once or if anyone has been and has any recommendations let us know

For dinner on our last night we'll probably head out of the park and eat somewhere nearby. I enjoy a Dutch Indonesian place and looked for somewhere that does decent satay. Found this one, Jit Sing in Kaatsheuvel which is Chinese/Indonesian and may do the job.

Day 10 - Efteling to Home

Final breakfast at the hotel and check out for the drive back to Calais.
We'll probably drive there straight through as it's a morning train and get a quick lunch back in England then back to reality
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 11 Aug 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Really shocked at the lack of pizza options above... 😡
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Gran Destino Tower Adventure!
Unread 11 Aug 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Really shocked at the lack of pizza options above... 😡
so when I looked at it I thought, too much choice I'll just get the spicy one. All those choices and there isn't a spicy one

Edited at 09:31 PM.
Unread 23 Aug 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Inventions now booked for early evening of Day 3 the dining line asked if I wanted an English operator and then served up a French one anyway

Just realised that the Indiana Jones ride we've never managed to go on is closed again for our visit 3rd time we won't have made it on (previously 1xDD 1cm too short and 1x closed!)
Unread 24 Aug 19, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This trip looks fantastic. Id be at the kebab shop 😊👍😋

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
5 nights Universal 14 nights POR
Unread 29 Aug 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
GroovyYvee
Gone all Goofy

Looking forward to reading the trip report; I'm considering a similar roadtrip for me and DS next April so will be very interested to see how you fare. Hope you and DD have a fantastic time!
GroovyYvee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cali Christmas with Disneyland!
Kenwood Travel