Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Florida Tix
Unread 23 Aug 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
7beebee
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile Float pod

I was wondering if anybody had used one?
I get weird sensations/pains down my left leg and facial pain and wondered if this would help me relax. (Ive had an MRI and wasnt diagnosed with anything, Ive also checked that I can use the pod if I should choose to.)
What are your experiences?
7beebee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
So excited!
Unread 24 Aug 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

I've always fancied trying a flotation tank. I wonder if I would get claustrophobic though. I have found somewhere with good reviews in Hove (Not sure which part of the country you are in), just need to build up the courage to try it 😁
DizzyDisneyMum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I have and do love it
Ive fibromyalgia and its much more beneficial than massage etc they other for me is a hot stone bed but flotation is my no 1 choice
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 19, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I tried it once, for no particular reason other than somebody told me they were a nice experience. I really hated it, felt claustrophobic and would say bordering on a panic attack - which is very out of character for me. Never again for me.
Claudette is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney 2019 v 2
Unread 25 Aug 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I tried it once, for no particular reason other than somebody told me they were a nice experience. I really hated it, felt claustrophobic and would say bordering on a panic attack - which is very out of character for me. Never again for me.
had exactly the same experience, felt a bit panicked, never again for me either.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
7beebee
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

I understand the feeling of claustrophobia, I guess it makes sense as you close the lid and are in darkness and in water. I suppose the only way to find out if Ill be okay or not is to just go for it.
Weirdly enough I never really thought about the claustrophobia though, I was more thinking whether it would help with pain etc, now Im worrying about having a right panic 😂 Im sure Ill be okay, I think Im allowed the lid open if I feel the need to. Thank you all for your replies.
7beebee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
So excited!
Unread 25 Aug 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by 7beebee View Post
I understand the feeling of claustrophobia, I guess it makes sense as you close the lid and are in darkness and in water. I suppose the only way to find out if Ill be okay or not is to just go for it.
Weirdly enough I never really thought about the claustrophobia though, I was more thinking whether it would help with pain etc, now Im worrying about having a right panic 😂 Im sure Ill be okay, I think Im allowed the lid open if I feel the need to. Thank you all for your replies.
Have you read that it can help with pain? I did not ever see that, I just thought it was a different type of spa treatment, never saw any reference to pain management
Claudette is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney 2019 v 2
Orlando Attraction Tickets