Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile Day 9 - Super Target, Publix, Celebration & Chuy’s

Day 9 - Super Target, Publix, Celebration & Chuy’s

Breakfast was eaten in the villa again and people spent time in the pool, chilling and reading. No spreadsheet and no rushing around. I could get use to this lifestyle!

Mid morning we popped back to Super Target. Can’t remember why but I was very happy to discover the ice cream isle. So many choices...

VERY happy to see this! Bravo Super Target. Purchased a box of 6 for $7.29 and ate later on.

**Spoiler** I really enjoyed this but basically it’s just a choc ice. But everything tastes better mickey shape right?!

And the biggest tubs of icecream I’ve ever seen. Wowser.

We left Rolling Oaks and drove over the junction so we could go to Publix and buy their subs. Similar to Subway but think they are better. We shared and divided 2 long subs (the ultimate) between the 4 of us.

I should’ve taken a photo before we cut them as they looked more impressive!

Our friends had the meatball subs. Don’t have a photo but they raved about them and they looked really good. Full to the brim and warm.

Our eldest was very excited to see these. If you’ve read any of our previous reports, you’ll know that she loves pickles!

I wasn't keen.

Somehow these landed in our basket too

We ate back at the villa then headed out to Celebration. We always enjoy our time here and walking round the lake.

We went into Market St Cafe for milkshakes and smoothies. It’s had a refurb since we were last here. Looked really good and our server was super friendly.

The milkshakes were filling and flavoursome. We chose cherry chocolate chip, chocolate covered strawberry, Nutella and good old fashioned strawberry.

They cost $6 each.

My friends smoothie matched her nails!

Would like to return and try more off the menu as the food on the other tables looked really nice.

Unfortunately the weather changed quickly just after we left. And stayed like this for what felt a long time. G and I utilised the time discussing re-opening the cinema here. We do this every time! It’s good to dream hey...

G was a star and went to get the car and picked us all up.

We were due to spend the evening at the baseball (tickets included unlimited hotdogs & popcorn!) but as the weather app informed us the rain was due to stay we sadly had to revise our plans.

Later on, everyone said they fancied Mexican, so we took a short drive from the villa to Chuy’s (on Irlo Bronson memorial highway). Never been here or heard much about this place before.

We were informed there was a 30minute wait so headed to the bar. Drinks were ordered. We were then seated fairly quickly in the main part of the restaurant whilst they were still making our drinks.

I chose a frozen margarita. This was really really good.

It ended up being a very funny and delicious night. Our server was up there with the best and was definitely trying to earn his tip, but in a good way. Chris didn’t stop and reminded me of a mix of different comedians.

The tortilla chips and salsa were placed on the table for free. This dip was HOT! I only had a tiny bit but my nose & eyes started to run and the back of my throat went prickly. I’m a complete light weight so don’t take my word for it too much...

There was lots to choose from on the menu and it took us a while to decide.

I didn’t take a photo of everyone’s plates as they all looked rather similar! I admit that they don’t look the most appetising but everyone agreed their tacos (soft & hard) and enchiladas were delicious and full of flavour. No one was able to finish.

Pleasantly surprised when the bill arrived. Excellent value for the 4 of us.

As we left the T-shirt’s made made us smile. Our server had been wearing the Tacocat T-shirt much to everyone’s amusement. Who knew tacocat is tacocat backwards and the cat is in the shape of a taco?! Hahaha.

It may have been one of those moments when you had to be there!

We finished the day playing card games and eating this...

Tomorrow - Denny’s, Crazy Golf & Universal.

Thanks for reading

M x

Edited at 11:41 AM.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Yum. Millers looked fab and great value.
I agree about this bakery places. Whatever I choose is usually very meh and never as fabulous as you think it’s going to be
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Chuys looks good, and cheap too! Next time we go I’m going after you’ve written your report so we can follow in your footsteps .
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Chuys looks lovely and so reasonably priced.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Just caught up on the last, oh I don't know, multiple days! Some great restaurant choices there. It's a shame the rain is spoiling it a bit for you though.

The ice creams look amazing at Coldstone Creamery - I have no idea why they would spoil someone's enjoyment of them by showing the calories I will also be keeping secrets from My Fitness Pal when I go later this year

Millers is always a good pick, the food there looks so good. I've never tried the zinger mountain melt, but I think I should really.

We love Bob Evans for breakfast and always say we should try a dinner there - omg, it looks fab - just lovely home cooked food, yummy.

I've heard a lot recently about how the offsite food prices have gone up a fair bit, but looking at your receipts it still seems excellent value to me so I'm really pleased about that.

Thanks for sharing, I'm really enjoying your report and it's making me look forward to all the yummy places we can visit soon

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Chuys does look nice and definitely seems good value. Perfect end to the evening with your ice cream-if it’s mickey shaped it must be good!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Chuys is my favourite restaurant.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Yum. Millers looked fab and great value.
I agree about this bakery places. Whatever I choose is usually very meh and never as fabulous as you think it’s going to be
It was so good!

Agree. Happy & relieved youngest enjoyed hers.

Not long for you now

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Chuys looks good, and cheap too! Next time we go I’m going after you’ve written your report so we can follow in your footsteps .

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Chuys looks lovely and so reasonably priced.
Yes we were really impressed. Thanks for following along.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Just caught up on the last, oh I don't know, multiple days! Some great restaurant choices there. It's a shame the rain is spoiling it a bit for you though.

The ice creams look amazing at Coldstone Creamery - I have no idea why they would spoil someone's enjoyment of them by showing the calories I will also be keeping secrets from My Fitness Pal when I go later this year

Millers is always a good pick, the food there looks so good. I've never tried the zinger mountain melt, but I think I should really.

We love Bob Evans for breakfast and always say we should try a dinner there - omg, it looks fab - just lovely home cooked food, yummy.

I've heard a lot recently about how the offsite food prices have gone up a fair bit, but looking at your receipts it still seems excellent value to me so I'm really pleased about that.

Thanks for sharing, I'm really enjoying your report and it's making me look forward to all the yummy places we can visit soon
Yes weather wise we've certainly had more rain than normal. I could happily eat those ice creams again. I really need to try something else at Millers but the zinger mountain melt keeps pulling me back! Bob Evans we've only done dinner, but in a couple of days time we go for breakfast. Yum!

Are you doing a trip report this year?

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Chuys does look nice and definitely seems good value. Perfect end to the evening with your ice cream-if it’s mickey shaped it must be good!
My thoughts entirely!

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Chuys is my favourite restaurant.
Not sure how we've never come across before.

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU68
Very Serious Dibber

We love Millers and cant wait for next month ! I remember when the Zingers used to be served on a silver tray and DH still finished them all !
LOU68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jannyjan
Proud to wear my Ears

Bob Evans banana bread is goooodd
Jannyjan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List