Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 31 Jul 12, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Arghhh SO many positives I can think of! I can't think of any negatives either so will have to do a search now to find what people have said!

We have stayed in a villa many a time, there were only two trips we did hotels (the first two to Orlando!) and that was when my bro and I were very young. Since then, we've villa'd it all the way and have never looked back!

I'm sure these positives have been mentioned so apologies for repetitiveness:

- The SPACE! Multiple bedrooms, bathrooms and living areas for a family of any size, so much better than the one or two rooms you'd get in a hotel.

- The price, for the amount of space I don't think the price is too bad. I actually think it usually works out cheaper to stay in a villa than a hotel, esp an onsite hotel.

- Your own pool! HOURS of endless entertainment with no disturbance, need I say more?

- A giant fridge to store anything you wish, and an endless supply of ICE right there!

- The opportunity to save a few pennies by cooking or bbq-ing.

- You can have a cheap, relaxed day in the villa by the pool without seeming cooped up.

- The locations! Often near to restaurants, big shops and takeaways etc.

- You get a drive so don't need to walk too far to the car...!

- Huge walk in closets to store suitcases and goodies you buy. And clothes, obvi.

- Most villas have wi-fi now. We find this most helpful to check out opening hours of parks/shops and locations of places.

- Multiple TV's, no arguing over who watches what after a busy day at the parks!

- You can do your laundry RIGHT THERE, and hang it in the garage to dry.

- Most villas have transformed their garages into games rooms with a pool table and other bits. Nothing like a quick game of pool in the evening with a beer, whilst waiting for everyone to get ready. (I sound like my boyfriend!)

- The neighbours. My parents made friends with the neighbours of the villa we were in last year. They were from NY and owned the villa next door. Email addresses were swapped and my parents enjoyed meeting them and having the option to rent their villa!

- Close proximity to the parks. I find you are often close enough for it to be a good drive, but far enough away if you want to get away from the madness!

- The option is there to have more people come out and stay with you. My parents rent a villa for themselves every year and the option is always there for us to go out and stay with them if we decide later on in the year.

I think that's it for now - I got a bit carried away!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 12, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

We like the amount of space. There is a tv in every bedroom so people can choose what they want to watch. You can laze by your own pool. We have a villa but we never cook, we buy in ready made or go out. The washing machine and dryer means that we can come home, shower and sort out a wash. We only take a couple of changes of clothes. We always come home with a suitcase full of clean clothes.
Old 1 Aug 12, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread