Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Apr 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Mobile Disney camping for 1 night perks

Can't find original thread but thanks to poster who suggested booking for 1 night at Disney campsite if you have no intention of staying but would like magic bands, free parking etc. You need to book on the US site as doesn't show on the UK one. Just booked for $67 so about £55
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshowtb
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Thanks - that was me! Just need to check we can get our tickets before the 60 day mark from our travel agent!
Joshowtb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

besides booking FP at 60 days instead of 30 and free parking the first full day, you land drive to camp ground to pick up bands checkin then drive to your hotel or villa, is it worth it for the saving,
I could'nt be bothered, but genuinely am I missing something
Old 18 Apr 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

you also get 2 days parking in that, so magic bands for the whole party, parking for 2 days if a one might stay and FP+ at 60 days. We did it but with pop century resort as it would have cost more just for the magic bands. We didn't stay in the resort though as the room was too tiny for us even for one night. We also wouldn't do it on the day we land but we do a minimum of 3 weeks so we have more days to play with.

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshowtb
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
besides booking FP at 60 days instead of 30 and free parking the first full day, you land drive to camp ground to pick up bands checkin then drive to your hotel or villa, is it worth it for the saving,
I could'nt be bothered, but genuinely am I missing something
We arrive the night before, so will arrive at the campsite early (7am) to 'check-in' and then have time to get parked at magic kingdom and get there at rope-drop.

For the 6 of us it saves money and means we should be able to book Fast passes for Pandora (one of them) and Rivers of Light on the 2nd day of our camp stay.
Joshowtb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I've been umming and arring over the campsites for a couple of weeks, but have now taken the plunge and booked 1 night for the 4 of us for less than $60. The magic bands alone are $54 plus 2 free days parking - seems such a brill deal. Have customised the magic bands already Our Disney part of the holiday doesn't start until day 5 of our holiday, so hoping to use the EMH at MK on our check in day.
Old 18 Apr 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miss AliJS View Post
You need to book on the US site as doesn't show on the UK one.
it's useful to note that a room only booking on the US site can be cancelled without penalty, up to one week out, when the same booking on the UK site will have a £50 cancellation fee

plans can change, and the idea of a throwaway room might change over time. Better book where you don't have cancellation fees.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

This sounds like a brilliant idea but I can't seem to find it on the website! Please can someone paste the link

To confirm I would get magic bands for the 2 of us. Parking for check in and check out day and would we also get EMH for the 2 days?
What about check out? Do we physically need to be there to check out? Would we be able to link all this on MDE and then book our fastpasses?
Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Oooooh, wish I'd known about the camping option for $60.
Great tip about the no cancellation fee on the US website too - thanks chmurf!

I'd be interested to know about check in and out at a Disney hotel if you aren't staying.
We'll be getting our magic bands at AKL at the start of our stay, then moving offsite, but I booked All Stars for our last night as thought it would be nice to be onsite with the perks. The BF isn't keen on moving for just one night though.
Can I use my Fastpasses, ADRs etc on the MagicBand without checking in? What about checking out?
Anyone done this hotel trick before?

Cheers!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Trombyy
Trading Disney Pins

Welshlamb, i did this last year for a party of seven as it was a heap cheaper than booking 2 rooms, No need to physically check out, yes u get magic bands up to a party of 10, free parking for check-in/out days, EMH for both days and fastpass booking at 60 days instead of 30 which is the biggest bonus ,Change setting to English US at the top of website page to access the US Disney site where the campsite is available.

Edited at 11:20 PM.
Trombyy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List